Some fun at the range.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    All by your lonesome??? I'm jealous. I went shooting yesterday, there was a more than a couple shooters around me. How were your groups?

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    All by your lonesome??? I'm jealous. I went shooting yesterday, there was a more than a couple shooters around me. How were your groups?

Good , max range here is 75m. so groups were good around 1/4 inch with my AR. 1/2 inch with the PSL

All on a 8 inch target.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Slidell area

I have access to Camp Villere, as LEO

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Good , max range here is 75m so groups were good around 1/5 inch with my AR. 1/2 inch with the PSL

All on a 8 inch target.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. I'm gonna build myself a range one day for this very purpose solitude!

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1/4 MOA with an AR is really, really impressive.

Are you doing that with a 16" barrel? What's your rifle set-up? Are you hand loading?

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Good , max range here is 75m so groups were good around 1/5 inch with my AR. 1/2 inch with the PSL

All on a 8 inch target.

- - - Updated - - -

What agency do you work for? I'm curious how you are measuring your groups. 1/4" accuracy form an AR15 is extraordinarily hard to attain.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Been shooting m4s for a long time in military. I'm a firearms instructor for DHS.

I have a 10.5 inch barrel 1:7 5.56 . I was using. 223 Remington today

It's not hard doing 1/4 inch groups from prone at 25M for zero. With Irons. Using sig Sauer H&K style.

Backing up to 75m obviously not going to get the same group. By everything was within a half Dollars size at distance.

As well as shooting longer with 10.5 inch barrel. The shots won't be as tight , but should be withing 8 inch diameter kill zone. Which is what counts.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Been shooting m4s for a long time in military. I'm a firearms instructor for DHS.

I have a 10.5 inch barrel 1:7 5.56 . I was using. 223 Remington today

It's not hard doing 1/4 MOA from prone at 25M for zero. With Irons. Using sig Sauer H&K style.

Backing up to 75m obviously not going to get the same group. By everything was within a half Dollars size at distance.

As well as shooting longer with 10.5 inch barrel. The shots won't be as tight , but should be withing 8 inch diameter kill zone. Which is what counts.

MOA is a specific unit of measurement, and you are using it wrong.

http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/sop/31135-measuring-moa-target.html

Here is a ref. Congrats on owning the most accurate 10.5" AR ever and also on getting far better than match grade accuracy out of bargain Ammo.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Here my groups. During my zero. First set was low left still tight. Adjustments got me to were I wanted.

dime for size.
    FTrYTNE.jpg

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Here my groups. During my zero. First set was low left still tight. Adjustments got me to were I wanted.

dime for size.
    FTrYTNE.jpg

No that's not what MOA, it's an over simplification. If you were shooting 1/4 MOA at 75M you would be shooting approximately 1/16" groups. These aren't 1/16" groups. Before you wave your I-cock around the room you should make sure you understand the room. You are shooting 2" groups btw.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    feel free to come out to Slidell. I'll show you how to shoot. It's not rocket science.

Actually it specifically is rocket science lol. Trigonometry and what not but hey hyperbole is good...

What day is good for you? I'll book the range at Villere.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    No that's not what MOA, it's an over simplification. If you were shooting 1/4 MOA at 75M you would be shooting approximately 1/16" groups. These aren't 1/16" groups. Before you wave your I-cock around the room you should make sure you understand the room. You are shooting 2" groups btw.
    1 MOA is 1 Inch drop per 100M. not sure how hard that is to understand. sure there is more to it then that. noone here is disputing that. but generally this is how its calculated. Secondly, no one was waving their I dick around until you showed up with your smart ass comments , saying it impossible to shoot these groups with a 10.5 inch barrel at 75M. 75 M is not very far. Generally i zero at 25M which my groups would be even tighter. and those are not 2" in groups. measured with a caliper from my smallest group. you measure from one round to the last round. then minus the bullet diameter which would be .223. my smallest shot group was .7-.223= 0.477

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    1 MOA is 1 Inch drop per 100M. not sure how hard that is to understand. sure there is more to it then that. noone here is disputing that. but generally this is how its calculated. Secondly, no one was waving their I dick around until you showed up with your smart ass comments , saying it impossible to shoot these groups with a 10.5 inch barrel at 75M. 75 M is not very far. Generally i zero at 25M which my groups would be even tighter. and those are not 2" in groups. measured with a caliper from my smallest group. you measure from one round to the last round. then minus the bullet diameter which would be .223. my smallest shot group was .7-.223= 0.477

Did you measure that dime with a caliper? I will bet you a paycheck that you aren't shooting 1/4 MOA groups. There are people in this board who shoot F Class and PRS that can go into more detail on how to measure shot groups, but, you are doing it wrong.

Edited to ad: so now you are changing your story front he groups being 1/4 MOA to being 1/4"? Lol do you understand that's not the same thing? It is rocket science but it's simple rocket science.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom