First Online Purchase ?'s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Hey guys,

Looking at an item on Palmetto and it's sale price is due to expire at 12pm ( I just saw it). I emailed them per the FAQ's to get an FFL list for Denham/BR area but worried they might not get back to me until after sale expires. (Can't call due to being at work, but computers are silent)

Has anyone purchased through Palmetto and used a local Dealer for the transfer, and possibly point me in the right direction?

I tried years ago through Bud's and it was enough of a pain for me to cancel it and never try again, but this price would be worth the headache, especially with no sales tax on top of it.

Thanks!

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I've purchased from them and used St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center to do the transfer. Great folks - highly recommended!

http://www.stbisc.com/

Edited: I just noticed you're in Red Stick country ... you're on your own up that way! ;)

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    bit out of your way but i use FITS in door range in slidell, as my FFL. great guys there no hassle. When buying just include the FFL info. as the shipping address. PSA will do the rest and contact them if they are not already on File at PSA. Its a simple process once you establish a good FFL. and hassle free.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks guys, I think I'm going to just submit the order and select one of the FFLs from the list, and if that FFL isn't on file with them I'll figure it out then. Says their running 7 days behind anyway so I should have time to get it figured out.

Only final question is they Palmetto's showing no sales tax as its Georgia to LA, will there be any tax at the time of transfer with the FFL other than just the transfer fee?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have bought from them and used Louisiana Gun and Reloading (I think is the name).

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks guys, I think I'm going to just submit the order and select one of the FFLs from the list, and if that FFL isn't on file with them I'll figure it out then. Says their running 7 days behind anyway so I should have time to get it figured out.

Only final question is they Palmetto's showing no sales tax as its Georgia to LA, will there be any tax at the time of transfer with the FFL other than just the transfer fee?
    you will pay a transfer fee, anywhere from $20-$40

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Almost any dealer that does any volume will be on the list with both Palmetto and Buds, you shouldnt have a problem finding one. I've used Bayou Pawn in Zachary from Buds, just because I happen to be in that area a lot and they are nice folks. I'm sure in Denham BJ Pawn is on both lists, I have a SilencerShop deal pending there, havent been in person yet but hear good things.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    there should be no tax on the actual purchase but like others have said you will have to pay a transfer fee. I have bought lowers from PSA with no issue. Also bought a few guns from CDNN and had them shipped locally. All you normally have to do is find out who your local FFL is and then have them send a copy of their license to the seller if they do not already have it.

Drummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    NELA
    Just FYI, I placed a non FFL order on Saturday and it went out on Monday, arriving today so they must be caught up.

That 12pm cutoff is eastern time also. It's caught me before.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Op. lives in Denham Springs where there are 3 good Firearms dealers within a block on Florida Blvd.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Find a good FFL and develop a relationship. Mine charges me $30 for the transfer but charges new and some other customers $50 and up.

I ask him why he charged me less and he went on somewhat of a rant. He said, "you always come in with the correct information, follow up with the seller to make sure it is sent, follow up with us w/ tracking information and expected arrival, and pick up the gun right away." He went on, "some people give us incorrect information for the seller so we have problems exchanging the FFL, give the seller their address as the shipping address, and then want us to go solve problems they created.

The more you act like a professional the better you will be treated.

I buy most of my guns from Gun Broker since I'm never able to find the guns I want locally. Good luck!

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks guys! I had a conference call for work run much longer than it should have and unfortunately missed out on the sale deadline. I'm going to file this away, talk to some of the places people mentioned so when it goes on sale again I won't be scrambling at the last minute.

The headache with buds was years ago and I went in to a Denham place not naming it bc it was so long ago that I'm not going mentioned it as they probably operate completely different now. Anyways I completed through buds over the phone and they gave me a few places that had Ffls but weren't in there system. I chose one and went in told them the deal and asked if they could send their info to buds and I'd pay the transfer. The guy asked what it was yadda yadda, and said he'd call me when it was in. Got the call the next day and it wasn't what I was expecting. It was a p99 but not with the AS trigger and the wrong generation.
    He said he ordered through his supplier and would only charge me xx percent over cost. Had to stop him right there as it wasn't what I agreed to, wasn't even the right gun, and I had already paid buds. He went on and on that now he has a gun he wont sell bc no one wants it blah blah said I was liable to purchase it....
    Called buds and explained and they said I'd have to find another dealer, I told them it wasn't worth the hassle just refund it. They did but took 18 days to do it and had to go through the bank to reverse the huge retocking fee they took out...how is there a restocking fee for something that never left. Never even had the desire to try again after that.

Then I saw Palmetto had CZ Scorpion for 700 shipped...and here we are.

Sincerely guys I appreciate it and will be contacting some of the places listed to establish a relationship.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Wow - It's not as complex as you're describing?
    Buy online, select FFL and ship?

I dunno. Probably bc it was 7-8 years ago. Buds said they showed no local FFLS in their system but the database had FFLs in the area that would have to send their info. That's why I asked if anyone purchased from Palmetto and who they used so it would be easy.

Really it only got mucked up bc the guy didn't send his info and instead ordered from his supplier trying to make more than a transfer fee. I'm sure it's much more efficient now...just that experience left a sour tast.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Wow - It's not as complex as you're describing?
    Buy online, select FFL and ship?

Also wanted to avoid selecting an FFL at random through Palmetto's tool bc it says across the top they might not be registered with them. And when I saw walmart as a selectable ffl on there I was kind of like yeah this is just places that hold FFLS not necessarily willing to do the transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom