Help/advice needed on Walther P-22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=111901

Want to order this but says CA in the model title.
    Reading the description it states threaded barrel and standard mag capacity. CA usually stands for California compliant. Can anyone confirm for me? I was under the impression that all P22 pistols with standard barrel length are threaded and accept the adapter.
    Does anyone know what the difference is, if any?
    Thanks in advance

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks Mickey. I found a couple of sites saying the barrel shroud is permanently installed or something to that effect. I have one of these that stays in my pack and just wanted another. I can't say anything bad about them, can or not.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Found!

beab41308725eb4d3713dfe92e4f226d.jpg

c16231358c43fa335496ee941553af87.jpg

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    With what can? Mine is not even noticeable with SiCo Warlock ii. I really like the combo.
    What do you like as a rimfire pistol host?

Yes. My sparrow with the p-22 I have (actually the same od one above) has a pretty good poi shift.
    The 22/45 with a pac lite upper that I have works well. I've also had a threaded mosquito and a browning buck mark as hosts. The buck mark worked well too.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I too have the P-22 with a silencer -- nice little piece that I have well over 5,000 rounds through without issue. It did have a "break in" period and cycled much better after the first 250 rounds. It does NOT like a lot of oil! I generally wet a toothpick with oil and slide it on the rails, any more and I find it just harbors expended powder/gunk.

As far as the CA model, I remember reading that these guns have the nut at the end of the barrel secured with Red Loctite to prevent removal so it makes it hard to remove. The end of the barrel is threaded. Around the barrel is a barrel sleeve. The nut screws onto the end of the barrel and secures it to the frame. If you take the nut off, you can screw on an adaptor for a suppressor which is illegal in Kalifornia.

Top Bottom