The Coward won't jump

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I added the last paragraph to my post above as you were responding perhaps. About some members here....

I suspect as much and it's sad.

We cannot return to the ideals expressed by the founders if we do not respect LAW (as opposed to capricious, emotional whim or any passed legislation).

We are in a world of ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I suspect as much and it's sad.

We cannot return to the ideals expressed by the founders if we do not respect LAW (as opposed to capricious, emotional whim or any passed legislation).

We are in a world of ****.

And you are correct. What we believe and do sets us (the USA) apart from Mexico, or Russia, or many third world countries. Obviously as a LEO, you respect the law, and enforce it equally. I am just a citizen, but feel and think the same.

If there is to be a bright and safe future for our children and grandchildren, there must be fair and equal application of our laws, all of our laws. And expedient and timely too.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    And you are correct. What we believe and do sets us (the USA) apart from Mexico, or Russia, or many third world countries. Obviously as a LEO, you respect the law, and enforce it equally. I am just a citizen, but feel and think the same.

If there is to be a bright and safe future for our children and grandchildren, there must be fair and equal application of our laws, all of our laws. And expedient too.

Agreed. And Russia is moving towards the rights we once held which is a sharp stick in the eye and a kick in the nuts.

We have people in authority who admire authority. They claim love of the people they work for but they do not. One's actions says all. They (not anyone in particular so don't take this personally whomever is reading this) purport to dislike Obama or Bush or Trump because they take liberties with the laws of the land/essentially are dictators yet - so are they. But they CHOOSE not to see it in themselves.

That is a big reason why I don't often ask people about politics. Most have no clue.

This meme is fitting for them:

f25bf1ed555e411c5ca1b42410c90936.png

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I know (personally) of a guy who did just that in a suicide attempt with a .45 ACP pistol after committing two felonies.

He survived. Is FINE. And now resides in Angola State Prison.

I never asked him "why not the head?" Though, I, too, would like to know.

I would imagine he didn't shoot himself in the head, is the same reason he didn't jump.... He didn't want to die... And when he mustered up enough strength to "kill" himself, he shot himself somewhere where he had a "chance" of living (subconsciously)

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I found out last night about 2345 that he was dead. Strange that the news didn't report his death until maybe 12 hours later.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Darn I guess we won't get to spend tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of dollars convicting, imprisoning, and executing this POS...

Prayers are with the female victim and brave LEO that died at the hand of this dirtbag.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would imagine he didn't shoot himself in the head, is the same reason he didn't jump.... He didn't want to die... And when he mustered up enough strength to "kill" himself, he shot himself somewhere where he had a "chance" of living (subconsciously)

Yep.

That's my take on it.

You think as I do.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I found out last night about 2345 that he was dead. Strange that the news didn't report his death until maybe 12 hours later.
    FWIU he was shot in the chest.... Don't know by whom.... Don't care. I just don't understand how he got on the old bridge if he came from the west bank. I got off around 1030am yesterday and about time I got to the Claiborne fly over I knew it wouldn't be easy to get home. Initially I thought it was the #DJ20 protesters because I was seeing the posters all month around the homless camps under the bridge.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    FWIU he was shot in the chest.... Don't know by whom.... Don't care. I just don't understand how he got on the old bridge if he came from the west bank. I got off around 1030am yesterday and about time I got to the Claiborne fly over I knew it wouldn't be easy to get home. Initially I thought it was the #DJ20 protesters because I was seeing the posters all month around the homless camps under the bridge.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know he shot himself in the chest, I was more curious why the press kept saying he was in critical condition at University all morning long, when I had gotten a text from somebody who would have 1000% accurate info late the night before that he was a corpse.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yeah, I know he shot himself in the chest, I was more curious why the press kept saying he was in critical condition at University all morning long, when I had gotten a text from somebody who would have 1000% accurate info late the night before that he was a corpse.

Hanlon's Razor

I have a long commute and it amazes me how long they will repeat the same traffic conditions. Long after things have cleared up.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La

This just doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe I'm just too rational to understand this kind of thinking. I mean, you don't have the guts to kill yourself the way that is 99% likely to do so. Instead, you decide to try to kill yourself the way that is maybe 50% likely to do so, but only 25% likely to do so quickly, and only 10% quickly enough to be painless. But it's 100% likely to cause you great pain and suffering if it doesn't kill you right away. Who decides they want to kill themselves, doesn't have the courage or strength to do it effectively, but finds the strength to do it in a way that has those kind of odds? (oh, and I totally made up those odds, pulled 'em right out of my arse. But I'll bet they aren't that far afield of the real odds for shooting yourself in the chest, at least the odds any reasonable person might expect them to be.)

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Its not blood lust, it's rage over the execution, the cold blooded murder of a good man. A Marine, an off duty LEO, a 26 YO young man with 2 small children at home, trying to help somebody at the scene of an accident.

Yeah I'm outraged at this. It happens way way too often lately. Senseless, stupid, needless murder of our young men serving our society and nation. Lets see, 3 officers murdered in BR, 7 in Dallas, probably 50 more nationwide just in 2016. Everybody in America should be outraged.....but they're not!

So if that makes me agitated and bitter.....so be it.

The number of LEOs in the USA killed in 2016 is 64. Link below.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/14/us/police-officers-fatal-shooting-line-duty-nationwide/

Here is a photo of Officer Michael Louviere and his family, shared on FB just 45 minutes ago by a LEO friend of mine. Pray for his family.

q7bfczmfh0jfzvyka.jpg

This is a total outrage. Seeing this picture tears my heart to pieces. All I can see is those two young children now growing up without their loving daddy. One's going to barely remember him, and the other not at all. Just about nothing on this planet is worse than that.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They posted on the news that there's a go fund me account already made and will be a jambalaya dinner to raise money for the kids.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    This is a total outrage. Seeing this picture tears my heart to pieces. All I can see is those two young children now growing up without their loving daddy. One's going to barely remember him, and the other not at all. Just about nothing on this planet is worse than that.

There is another photo of the Family I saw Friday. Little man is about one year old, got a smile as wide as the sky! It took everything I had not to break down and cry in my office like a baby. I don't think I can see that picture again knowing what that family and all families like them have been robbed of. Really tore me up!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They posted on the news that there's a go fund me account already made and will be a jambalaya dinner to raise money for the kids.

They also said on the news that there was also a scammer that had set up an account. And said there is only one and what one it was to use.
    Man I know it happens but come on man even a low life scamer could let this one go

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    They also said on the news that there was also a scammer that had set up an account. And said there is only one and what one it was to use.
    Man I know it happens but come on man even a low life scamer could let this one go

The lowlifes never take a break! They murder each other on holidays too. After the floods in BR and Denham there were many scammer donation programs on gofundme. I found one and "outed it" on line. Lowlifes take advantage of any tragedy to enrich themselves....that's just the facts. Gofundme has actually made this easier to occur, anyone can put up a program, post some pics and text, play upon people's sympathy or compassion, and reap the bounty.

Case in point. There was a gofundme program set up by a woman in CA after the Alton Sterling shooting in BR. The money was just rolling in but she shut it down early with over $600,000 in donations at the time. She wrote in an update that she shut it down early to disburse the funds to the family but that's just pure BS. The originator or beneficiary can draw funds anytime, just like a checking account per gofundme policies. I believe she shut it down while the getting was good, and avoid the spotlight.

There are a LOT of pathetic humans out there just waiting to take advantage of any opportunity. Sad but true.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom