Who Realoads 300 Blackout?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    What I have is started life as LC with the primer pockets swaged.
    So Swaged, Cleaned in SS pins. So I could start with clean brass. Cut on saw, with a jig. Trimmed, lubed and formed, then cleaned again.
    Checked trim and needed little. Then chamfer and debur. They all fit, in the Sheridan ENG. Same as a factory. Annealed.
    I have the slotted type Sheridan gauge so yon can see whats right wrong.
    It is a very nice tool.
    Even with the jig for a saw, trimmer, lyman case prep ect. Think I may be buying brass when i need more.
    Am member on the 300 forum but do not do Facebook.
    Have a Bayoushooter lower build carbine. Suppressed just wanted a 30cal AR.
    Will edit with pics of the brass ect. And bullets I may use. Have some 168 A Max and some Hornady InterLock 150 Spire Point
    And was told on the 300 site I can try my Cast 200 Grain 311365 and use 208GR Hornady info with them.
    As far as i know the A Max is Target ammo and is not supposed to expand.
    I see above you mention the Sheridan gauge it was worth the $ 100% I will post some pics of one.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    AR compatible? Or COAL to long? I'm definitely interested. I'm shooting an 8.5 inch AR pistol and if I could reduce muzzle rise with a lighter sub that expands well it seems like that would be a winner to me.

Haven't tried any in my AR's but I'm betting the 168gr will cycle in my shorty. Really just wanted a better option for my bolt guns.
    I ordered 500 of those S&B also from sportsman's Guide. Their .308 subs are the **** and I stocked up on those a good while back. Same lime green box.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    300Cast-2_zps4e4f7cbb.jpg300Cast-2_zps4e4f7cbb.jpg
    I was hopping to use these as they **** very clean in my only other 30cal rifle a Garand.
    Look to be the right weight at 200 grains. Guys at 300BLKTalkd say they have used cast 200's with 208 A-Max info, and 1680.
    I have to get some 1680 just have WW296 and H-110. Worry about WW296 in 300. As I know it will cause forcing cone erosion from using this powder over time. Although never seen it in my S&W 19?

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    H-110 and w296 is the same powder just packaged in different bottles. I have everything to make my own brass but just buy it from the guy on 300blktlk. you can usually find 1000 LC converted brass for $100 shipped. if you are looking for a hunting bullet look at the Barnes Tac TX 110 gr blacktip.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I've been in the process of creating 2 subsonic loads for my bolt guns. Leaning on the old man because he just has a knack for working out the math and has home brewed some fantastic loads over the years. I wanted something right at the 1100fps mark with better range and better expansion. Using mostly once fired Fiocchi brass and some Remington, he put me right in the ballpark with a 168grBTSP. We've also loaded some 147 grainers that do pretty well too but don't group as tight in my Ruger American. I'll have to find the load data he wrote down on the boxes but it's simple using common powders. The last lot we shot through the chrony were clocked at 1080-1090 range and opened up just fine in wet phone books and the drop at 200 was about half that of a 220gr bullet .

If you find something that remains subsonic with decent expansion, please share. My wife has a Ruger American that she wants to hunt hogs with suppressed. I have a friend that can roll me whatever I want, I just have to buy him the components.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you find something that remains subsonic with decent expansion, please share. My wife has a Ruger American that she wants to hunt hogs with suppressed. I have a friend that can roll me whatever I want, I just have to buy him the components.
    I'm having good results using Sierra 168gr soft tip at just under 1100fps from a Ruger American. I still haven't nailed down the charge my dad is using but I'll post it up soon

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Mine says on the truck. So I suspect it will be waiting on me this evening when I get home.

Awesome. Mine actually beat the brick of 22mag I bought the same night (but earlier) from Midway. Some guy was driving around a big unmarked panel truck this morning(think Uhaul) and started backing up in my drive. My first thought was wrong house or somebody thinks they're gonna load up my stuff. He opened up the back and started struggling with my boxes so I went out. He said they sure were heavy to be small boxes. He was in jeans and tshirt, no name tag and zero markings on the truck.
    I'm wondering if UPS is contracting out deliveries? The guy was nice but I didn't think the situation was very cool.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Awesome. Mine actually beat the brick of 22mag I bought the same night (but earlier) from Midway. Some guy was driving around a big unmarked panel truck this morning(think Uhaul) and started backing up in my drive. My first thought was wrong house or somebody thinks they're gonna load up my stuff. He opened up the back and started struggling with my boxes so I went out. He said they sure were heavy to be small boxes. He was in jeans and tshirt, no name tag and zero markings on the truck.
    I'm wondering if UPS is contracting out deliveries? The guy was nice but I didn't think the situation was very cool.

Wierd thanks for the heads up.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have a Pile O Brass so ordered Bullets from SPS and have Nosler on the way at a great price.

Hillbillyjim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    mid missouri
    My last six deer have been taken with the 300Blackout using Lehigh bullets. I bought two boxes of their ammo in different weight then ordered 100 bullets, 50 of each weight
    All deer shot in lungs at 40-50 yards. Deer ran 30-35 yards and piled up.
    Massive destruction and huge amount of blood loss with no meat loss.
    Subsonic

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My last six deer have been taken with the 300Blackout using Lehigh bullets. I bought two boxes of their ammo in different weight then ordered 100 bullets, 50 of each weight
    All deer shot in lungs at 40-50 yards. Deer ran 30-35 yards and piled up.
    Massive destruction and huge amount of blood loss with no meat loss.
    Are you shooting subsonic velocities?

TheBigRServices

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Loranger, La
    I was actually watch a reloading video yesterday about converted brass. The 5.56 sounds like a crap shoot but the lower pressure 2.23 is supposed work better. But I defer to those who have experience, and at this point that ain't me.

I've converted almost all headstamps and find that LC blank brass is the most consistent weight for the price. The only headstamps I've had problems with is pvi? Or ivi?.. some sort of milsurp brass like that. The case is too thick and gets stuck in your chamber and that really sucks.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I use LC in 300 and 7.62x25 conversions
    PPU is to thick. Only use PPU {Prvi Partizan} on other calibers as they were made. PPU is not bad as calibers it was made in it is good brass.
    Still shooting cases with the NNY headstamps

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    +1 on the Barnes Black tip for hunting. Absolute slayer when it comes to medium game like hogs and deer. Wish they would make projectiles available to re-loaders tho.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    +1 on the Barnes Black tip for hunting. Absolute slayer when it comes to medium game like hogs and deer. Wish they would make projectiles available to re-loaders tho.

They do. It can be found on shelves from time to time, and can def be found online. I saw some on the shelf at La Reloading last time I was there.

Top Bottom