Nice day ruined

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    The Kenner/Esplanade store has to be the worst one. Only good thing about going there is I feel much smarter and much better looking by comparison.

Lol, this is true. I always look out for hot chicks at Walmart but always leave disappointed.
    They buy toilet paper too right?
    Right?

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I usually go to the Walmart in Covington. When I do, I am usually in there between 6 am and 8 am. Not too much weird in there at that time. The wife likes Target but their sporting goods department is non existent. I usually sit at a table by the Starbucks and check out all those hot soccer moms as the check out. Yes, I'm that guy.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I usually go to the Walmart in Covington. When I do, I am usually in there between 6 am and 8 am. Not too much weird in there at that time. The wife likes Target but their sporting goods department is non existent. I usually sit at a table by the Starbucks and check out all those hot soccer moms as the check out. Yes, I'm that guy.

Good plan, going early. And the Covington Walmart is probably the best prospect in a 100 mile radius. I almost bought a modest house in Folsom and many days I regret NOT moving there. But having to drive 15 miles south to Covington for most anything, and over the Hwy 190 two lane bridge at Bogue Falya (major traffic choke point) just SUCKS.
    There is a big reason so many people have flocked to Covington/Mandeville over the last 25 years in droves. And it is really nice there.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I really wanted to move further north up in the Folsom area too. Just can't handle that bridge either. At the time both the wife and myself commuted to Metairie. We didn't want to drive 30 minutes just to reach the Causeway. I'm now working in Mandeville, she's still working in Metairie. No way I could convince her to move more north right now. Maybe one day...

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.*

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Good plan, going early. And the Covington Walmart is probably the best prospect in a 100 mile radius. I almost bought a modest house in Folsom and many days I regret NOT moving there. But having to drive 15 miles south to Covington for most anything, and over the Hwy 190 two lane bridge at Bogue Falya (major traffic choke point) just SUCKS.
    There is a big reason so many people have flocked to Covington/Mandeville over the last 25 years in droves. And it is really nice there.

It's definitely the nicer area but traffic blows as bad as south shore traffic.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I really wanted to move further north up in the Folsom area too. Just can't handle that bridge either. At the time both the wife and myself commuted to Metairie. We didn't want to drive 30 minutes just to reach the Causeway. I'm now working in Mandeville, she's still working in Metairie. No way I could convince her to move more north right now. Maybe one day...

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.*

Mandeville is super nice. Having the lakefront so close by, clean nice place to walk and relax. Good restaurants, and the neighborhood walmart there is really nice. Walmart clientele doesn't get much better than that one at least in southern Louisiana :)

Is there any discussion about widening or replacing the 190 bridge over the Bogue Falaya River? I've never read any online in the local news sources. That bridge is about 30 years outdated for sure.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I have no problem with the Slidell waltram. (intentional misspell) I just go before the welfare rats wake up. It does have it's share of trashy people, but it is waltram, so....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I do not know why this chain attracts such garbage (employees and customers)?!? Some of their locations (based on demographics), have the potential to be extremely profitable, but they just don't seem to give a ****.

I am starting to believe the "Wal-Mart" sign to some lower forms of human is similar to a pile of ****'s lure to flies!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I do not know why this chain attracts such garbage (employees and customers)?!? Some of their locations (based on demographics), have the potential to be extremely profitable, but they just don't seem to give a ****.

I am starting to believe the "Wal-Mart" sign to some lower forms of human is similar to a pile of ****'s lure to flies!

:rofl:

Top Bottom