BayouShooter Ad Available
Southland Police Supply

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanek Custom Glock Triggers

Formerly pain man

Premium Member

Vanek Custom Glock Triggers

http://www.vanekcustom.com/index.html

Anyone have experience with these triggers?

Charles
    Truth is not Racist, Facts are not Hate!

Stupid is 'posed to hurt scooterj's Avatar
    Charlie does great work and will stand behind it.
    USPSA: TY-28619
    ICORE: LA1484
    Team Freedom GunWorks
    www.freedomgunworks.com
    You can't fix stupid and you can't teach common sense!

Marksman
    I just got done tinkering with the trigger on my 19, if you have a "5.5"pound trigger, switch out the connector with a "3.5" pound connector and do the ".25 cent trigger job".

Feels like a different gun now.
    ANTI-STATE ANTI-WAR PRO-MARKET PRO-LIBERTY

The $.25 trigger job is an improvement but it's nothing compared to what Vanek can do.
    Team Freedom GunWorks
    www.freedomgunworks.com

Anyone have any experience?

Seriously, just about anyone who shoots Glocks competitively and it's all good.

I have two of Charlie's triggers after trying other setups, and they are stone cold reliable. About as good as you'll get from a Glock, IMO. He truly knows what he's doing and tunes every part of the package to get the best out of the stock Glock parts. His service is topnotch and he'll answer your questions personally all day long...a great guy and vendor.

I have never seen anything but compliments on his products from those who use 'em.
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." -- Buddha

U.S.P.S.A.: A-53214
    N.S.C.A.: 618535
    U.S.P.S.A. CRO w/Multi-Gun endorsement

Quote Originally Posted by Born4spd View Post
    I just got done tinkering with the trigger on my 19, if you have a "5.5"pound trigger, switch out the connector with a "3.5" pound connector and do the ".25 cent trigger job".
    If you'd like the crispness of the 5# connector with a lighter pull, try the Lone Wolf 3.5# connector. IMO, it's head and shoulders above the Glock 3.5# in every way.
    "Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." -- Buddha

La. CHP Instructor #409

Gold Member
    I have new Vanek and Glockworx triggers. I use the GW.
    Last year I set up one new Glock with GW Fulcrum and one new Glock with Vanek Classic. More than a dozen experienced shooters tested the trigger on each gun and 100% preferred the GW.
    Glockworx Fulcrum and Vanek Classic GSSF triggers tested. Charley does offer other triggers that are modified, including the trigger safety. I have been using a GW for several years and it has been 100% reliable.

I think we've been down this road before, but based on the current descriptions on the Glockworx Web site, what is currently being sold as the Fulcrum has a custom external trigger which, accordingly, would not be legal for USPSA Production. It would compare in function more to Vanek's Ultimate Trigger...which would also feel a lot better than his Classic, naturally enough, because it is more heavily modified and actually has to be fitted by Charlie.

GW Fulcrum: http://www.glockwarehouse.com/category_s/49.htm

GW Standard: http://www.glockwarehouse.com/category_s/51.htm

Vanek Classic: http://www.vanekcustom.com/3.html

Vanek Ultimate: http://www.vanekcustom.com/2.html

Different strokes for different folks as far as triggers go. Some of the fine points we're discussing only matter to people trying to stay legal for the USPSA Production division. Suffice to say, if I or any other USPSA RO who knows Glocks sees you step into the shooting box with a Glock with a Fulcrum trigger, unless you're registered for Limited or Limited 10, it's "Welcome to Open division", a place you definitely don't want to be .

For the record, I use the Vanek Classic on my two Production Glocks. Everything else is either a polished stock Glock trigger or a stock trigger with the substitution of a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector.

If you're just tweaking your Glock and not planning on competing in Production or GSSF (with the exception of the Unlimited category), anything goes. The engineering behind the Fulcrum has a lot going for it, based on what I've seen, though I've never handled one in person.

Edited: 'cause I hate typos, and had a couple more points to add
    Last edited by BayouSlide; November 9th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

Formerly pain man

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouSlide View Post
    Different strokes for different folks as far as triggers go. Some of the fine points we're discussing only matter to people trying to stay legal for the USPSA Production division. Suffice to say, if I or any other USPSA RO who knows Glocks sees you step into the shooting box with a Glock with a Fulcrum trigger, unless you're registered for Limited or Limited 10, it's "Welcome to Open division", a place you definitely don't want to be .

For the record, I use the Vanek Classic on my two Production Glocks. Everything else is either a polished stock Glock trigger or a stock trigger with the substitution of a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector.

If you're just tweaking your Glock and not planning on competing in Production or GSSF (with the exception of the Unlimited category), anything goes. The engineering behind the Fulcrum has a lot going for it, based on what I've seen, though I've never handled one in person.

Edited: 'cause I hate typos, and had a couple more points to add
    Have you shot the classic trigger? From what I understand has no external mods. and is legal. The classic should be much better than the Ghost 3.5
    Last edited by CEHollier; November 9th, 2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Truth is not Racist, Facts are not Hate!

BayouSlide has 2 of them
    Team Freedom GunWorks
    www.freedomgunworks.com

La. CHP Instructor #409

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pain man View Post
    Have you shot the classic trigger? From what I understand has no external mods. and is legal. The classic should be much better than the Ghost 3.5
    The Ghost is only a connector. You can use almost any connector in a Vanek trigger system. I think the LW works best in a Vanek but if you shoot in competitions you may have to use an OEM connector. If that is the case Vanek offers a polished OEM - connector shipped for $40.

Aftermarket connectors are fine for USPSA Production division. It's more the external mods that will get you into trouble.
    I had a Dale Rhea trigger kit in my G34. That was the closest thing to a full on Vanek I've felt. Don't know if the kits are available anymore.
    These are the guys that sold Dale's trigger. http://www.triggerkit.com/product.sc...2&categoryId=2
    Team Freedom GunWorks
    www.freedomgunworks.com

As scooterj says, any connector is fine. I use the Lone Wolf. As far as triggerwork and other purely INTERNAL parts go, such mods are also fine based on the latest Production rules. But if the trigger is different externally, including any shaving of the trigger safety, that's a different story. For Production, allowable externally visible modifications are extremely limited. If it's not specifically mentioned in the rules (see the uspsa.org rules section), it's disallowed.

For GSSF, unless you're in Unlimited, it's stock Glock parts ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by pain man View Post
    Yes I use it in Production, yes it's legal, and yes it is far better than just a connector. Costs more, too

Edited to further add: Charlie shapes, polishes and tunes the safety plunger, connector, trigger bar and spring cups, and provides a clipped safety plunger spring, a reduced power stricker spring and a trigger housing with a pre-installed overtravel set screw. That's why it's more than just a connector change.

After every 6K rounds, I replace the springs with a stock Glock trigger spring, a Wolff reduced power stricker spring and a Wolff safety plunger spring clipped to the coil length of the one that he provided and I'm good to go.

FWIW, where Charlie's Classic Production trigger excels compared to the trigger I first used a few years back (don't even know if the Sotello trigger is still offered) is how well he tunes the package. All safeties, including the trigger safety, still work as intended and continue to work as intended no matter how many rounds down the pipe. He knows Glocks and has a lot of fans among USPSA Production shooters for that reason.

A great set up for USPSA Production, without a doubt.
    Last edited by BayouSlide; November 10th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Gold Member
    I have a Vanek Classic trigger/trigger bar if anyone is interested.

Louisiana Sportsman

Premium Member
    Do you have to use match grade primers with the glockworx trigger?

La. CHP Instructor #409

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMAN1911 View Post
    Do you have to use match grade primers with the glockworx trigger?
    No, I shoot any commercial ammunition in my Glocks.

Louisiana Sportsman

Premium Member
    Wow i hear those trigger systems have around a 2lb pull? Is that true?

La. CHP Instructor #409

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMAN1911 View Post
    Wow i hear those trigger systems have around a 2lb pull? Is that true?
    I have not found a connector or drop in trigger system to be as light as claimed.
    You can install a Vanek classic or Glockworx with a 5.5# connector and nothing else and you will have a pull in the 5.0# range. It takes many components to bring a Glock to the 2# range.