Vanek Custom Glock Triggers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Anyone have any experience?

Seriously, just about anyone who shoots Glocks competitively and it's all good.

I have two of Charlie's triggers after trying other setups, and they are stone cold reliable. About as good as you'll get from a Glock, IMO. He truly knows what he's doing and tunes every part of the package to get the best out of the stock Glock parts. His service is topnotch and he'll answer your questions personally all day long...a great guy and vendor.

I have never seen anything but compliments on his products from those who use 'em.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I just got done tinkering with the trigger on my 19, if you have a "5.5"pound trigger, switch out the connector with a "3.5" pound connector and do the ".25 cent trigger job".

If you'd like the crispness of the 5# connector with a lighter pull, try the Lone Wolf 3.5# connector. IMO, it's head and shoulders above the Glock 3.5# in every way.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have new Vanek and Glockworx triggers. I use the GW.
    Last year I set up one new Glock with GW Fulcrum and one new Glock with Vanek Classic. More than a dozen experienced shooters tested the trigger on each gun and 100% preferred the GW.
    Glockworx Fulcrum and Vanek Classic GSSF triggers tested. Charley does offer other triggers that are modified, including the trigger safety. I have been using a GW for several years and it has been 100% reliable.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I think we've been down this road before, but based on the current descriptions on the Glockworx Web site, what is currently being sold as the Fulcrum has a custom external trigger which, accordingly, would not be legal for USPSA Production. It would compare in function more to Vanek's Ultimate Trigger...which would also feel a lot better than his Classic, naturally enough, because it is more heavily modified and actually has to be fitted by Charlie.

GW Fulcrum: http://www.glockwarehouse.com/category_s/49.htm

GW Standard: http://www.glockwarehouse.com/category_s/51.htm

Vanek Classic: http://www.vanekcustom.com/3.html

Vanek Ultimate: http://www.vanekcustom.com/2.html

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Different strokes for different folks as far as triggers go. Some of the fine points we're discussing only matter to people trying to stay legal for the USPSA Production division. Suffice to say, if I or any other USPSA RO who knows Glocks sees you step into the shooting box with a Glock with a Fulcrum trigger, unless you're registered for Limited or Limited 10, it's "Welcome to Open division", a place you definitely don't want to be ;) .

For the record, I use the Vanek Classic on my two Production Glocks. Everything else is either a polished stock Glock trigger or a stock trigger with the substitution of a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector.

If you're just tweaking your Glock and not planning on competing in Production or GSSF (with the exception of the Unlimited category), anything goes. The engineering behind the Fulcrum has a lot going for it, based on what I've seen, though I've never handled one in person.

Edited: 'cause I hate typos, and had a couple more points to add :D

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Different strokes for different folks as far as triggers go. Some of the fine points we're discussing only matter to people trying to stay legal for the USPSA Production division. Suffice to say, if I or any other USPSA RO who knows Glocks sees you step into the shooting box with a Glock with a Fulcrum trigger, unless you're registered for Limited or Limited 10, it's "Welcome to Open division", a place you definitely don't want to be ;) .

For the record, I use the Vanek Classic on my two Production Glocks. Everything else is either a polished stock Glock trigger or a stock trigger with the substitution of a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector.

If you're just tweaking your Glock and not planning on competing in Production or GSSF (with the exception of the Unlimited category), anything goes. The engineering behind the Fulcrum has a lot going for it, based on what I've seen, though I've never handled one in person.

Edited: 'cause I hate typos, and had a couple more points to add :D

Have you shot the classic trigger? From what I understand has no external mods. and is legal. The classic should be much better than the Ghost 3.5

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Have you shot the classic trigger? From what I understand has no external mods. and is legal. The classic should be much better than the Ghost 3.5

The Ghost is only a connector. You can use almost any connector in a Vanek trigger system. I think the LW works best in a Vanek but if you shoot in competitions you may have to use an OEM connector. If that is the case Vanek offers a polished OEM - connector shipped for $40.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    As scooterj says, any connector is fine. I use the Lone Wolf. As far as triggerwork and other purely INTERNAL parts go, such mods are also fine based on the latest Production rules. But if the trigger is different externally, including any shaving of the trigger safety, that's a different story. For Production, allowable externally visible modifications are extremely limited. If it's not specifically mentioned in the rules (see the uspsa.org rules section), it's disallowed.

For GSSF, unless you're in Unlimited, it's stock Glock parts ONLY.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.

Yes I use it in Production, yes it's legal, and yes it is far better than just a connector. Costs more, too ;)

Edited to further add: Charlie shapes, polishes and tunes the safety plunger, connector, trigger bar and spring cups, and provides a clipped safety plunger spring, a reduced power stricker spring and a trigger housing with a pre-installed overtravel set screw. That's why it's more than just a connector change.

After every 6K rounds, I replace the springs with a stock Glock trigger spring, a Wolff reduced power stricker spring and a Wolff safety plunger spring clipped to the coil length of the one that he provided and I'm good to go.

FWIW, where Charlie's Classic Production trigger excels compared to the trigger I first used a few years back (don't even know if the Sotello trigger is still offered) is how well he tunes the package. All safeties, including the trigger safety, still work as intended and continue to work as intended no matter how many rounds down the pipe. He knows Glocks and has a lot of fans among USPSA Production shooters for that reason.

A great set up for USPSA Production, without a doubt.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Wow i hear those trigger systems have around a 2lb pull? Is that true?

I have not found a connector or drop in trigger system to be as light as claimed.
    You can install a Vanek classic or Glockworx with a 5.5# connector and nothing else and you will have a pull in the 5.0# range. It takes many components to bring a Glock to the 2# range.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom