M1 Carbine .. For those of you who ---

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    That really cute little blonde use to go spend the night with her mother a lot, just before she disappeared, too !

Hope you have better luck with it than I did.

leVieux

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    That is awesome. I learned how to shoot a rifle with my Grandfather's M1 Carbine. Looks like another family member has it now though. Great collection

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Memories. That's what our high school ROTC battalion was issued in 1970. Still got my rifle card. Sir, the nomenclature of the M-1 Carbine is...........

They are beauties. Thanks for sharing.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Captain-03,

Nice collection, but you need an Irwin-Pedersen. I've got a restored IP, the stock, handguard, hammer & trigger are S'G' (butplate is unmarked) but all else is IP.

Doug

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Always loved the War Baby. For me, the shooters are the thing and I'll leave the pristine collectables to well, the collectors. Better sights and for some odd reason, I always liked the M2 style stock better than the M1 WW2 variety.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Makes me want to get another one as I am without at this time.

Hmmmmmmmmm? Here I go again... :)

formulaforspeed

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Prairieville LA
    very nice collection. I have my grandfathers Carbine from WWII. its a Winchester Reciever with Rock-Ola Stock. He hit Normandy Beach on D-Day and from what I gather it was shipped home piece by piece from parts gathered after the invasion

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Nice bunch of kids there. Can you recommend a smith to return my Inland with all the "late features" to it's Nov. 1944 configuration?

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Nice bunch of kids there. Can you recommend a smith to return my Inland with all the "late features" to it's Nov. 1944 configuration?

Not really a job for a Smith ... You would need to inventory the parts now on the firearm and compare that with what actually came on it when manufactured. There are several books out there for reference regarding the "correct" parts. Once identified, you will just have to search for the "correct" parts. They can be found on Ebay, Gunbroker ... also, you can place your wants onto the CMP Forum.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    OP, are you loading for these or buying off-the-shelf?

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Nice collection! I have one, an all early configuration National Postal Meter. When I was shopping, I looked for anything but a Winchester. Winchesters are fine, but a postal meter company reciever and type writer company barrel is more typical of the history of the M1 carbine.

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    Every time I see a carbine, I shed a tear. Growing up, my father had a pre-war carbine. With nine brothers and sisters, pickings were slim when my parents passed. One of my younger brothers ended up with the carbine, and not longer afterwards, he needed money and instead of trying to sell it to one of his siblings, he sold it to a pawn shop. When ever I make the trip back up to Chicago, I just want to smack the crap out of him.

Duke Slade

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    So every one has a bayonet lug, huh? Did any come without and you added?
    Very nice collection, thanks for the picture.

I have two SP's.
    Have father's SN from WWII and it was SP- Pacific theatre, from two pictures can't tell if it has bayonet lug but some didn't, I think.
    Thanks

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    The number of carbines that fought in WWII with a bayonet lug said to be few to zero depending on the source. There was a letter that came out during the war that listed 15 parts to be replaced anytime a carbine was returned for repair. The list included the rear flip sight and front band w/o bayonet provisions.

Most carbines were arsenal rebuilt between WWII and Korea and upraded. Parts and stocks were rebuilt individually and not returned to the original reciever. This makes the correct early configuration rare and more valuble.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Curious thing about this thread: I have three carbines. All came frome the Israel shipment that came to Century around 2009. They all have the bayonet lug, and they all have flip-up sights. None are accurate beyond about 150 yards.

gunner_lee

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Pollock, La
    My wife shot my Inland and the look on her face was like, I want it. I told her NO! I'll find you one. I found her an Underwood and had it restocked with an underwood stock, buttplate, etc. She calls it her "lil' typewriter". Imagine her face when I transfered in an M2 unit and installed it on her Underwood with the "happy switch" on full and she shot it. She got off a 6 round burst and said" what did you do now"?

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Shooting an M1 carbine is the most fun you can have shooting except for full auto. Awesome guns; mine is currently out of commission with a broken firing pin or some kind of goop in the firing pin channel blocking it. Just haven't had time to get it fixed.

Top Bottom