LPSO Shooting Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Has anybody shot at it, where is it located at, steel or paper, rifles?

Thanks for the info.

I take it you are referring to Lafayette Parish.
    In this area LPSO is Livingston Parish and non LEO/Military are allowed to shoot.

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    range

I take it you are referring to Lafayette Parish.
    In this area LPSO is Livingston Parish and non LEO/Military are allowed to shoot.

Who is the contact person? They used to have hours, for sighting in, and practice. Lost touch..where do civilians stand now? I don't understand your phrase non LEO/Military.. are allowed to shoot.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    According to Lafayette Parish Sheriff Office website it says it open to the public on Saturdays, but you have to "qualify", not quite sure what they mean by it, I sent an email to their info center but I'm still waiting on a response.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Who is the contact person? They used to have hours, for sighting in, and practice. Lost touch..where do civilians stand now? I don't understand your phrase non LEO/Military.. are allowed to shoot.

Only Law Enforcement Officers and Military Personnel are allowed to shoot on the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Range.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I am a Range Safety Officer at LPSO. It's open 8-1:30 ish on Saturdays to civilian shooters. The only 'qualify' is that if you are new to the range you must sit through a short safety demonstration and sign a waiver form. It is a great place to shoot, very friendly RSO's and has 15 pistol lanes, a 50 yard range for rifle/pistol/shorgun, and a 100 yard range for rifle. Only drawback is that the 50 and 100 yard ranges are like a swamp after a rain, so count on wearing your white rubber boots.
    Almost forgot...no laser sights (outdoor range under air traffic flight lane), no armor pericing/incindiery/tracer ammo and NO BUMP FIRE.

7.62mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Lafayette Parish SO Range

The LPSO range is on Michael Ann Drive in north Lafayette Parish.

Take Pinhook Road towards the Breaux Bridge Highway, cross the BB Highway, drive past FR. Terulings HS, cross the tracks, take the first RIGHT on Lajaunie Road, cross the bayou, take an immediate RIGHT. Michael Ann Dr will be the first road on your LEFT. Go all the way to the end of Michael Ann.

If you go to Mapquest.com you can see the range in the satellite photo...

Open to the public Saturdays, 0800 - 1400 Central, except holidays or the Saturdays after holidays if the holiday is on Friday.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,

7.62mm

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom