bayou bullets/berrys plated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    so whats the general opinion of the 2 the bayou bullets obviously are cheaper and seem to have made a good name even in glocks which is what i would be shooting them from. also i see the berrys plated at decent prices but really haven't found alot of info one way or the other on them.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    so whats the general opinion of the 2 the bayou bullets obviously are cheaper and seem to have made a good name even in glocks which is what i would be shooting them from. also i see the berrys plated at decent prices but really haven't found alot of info one way or the other on them.

I've been through nearly 2000 of the 200gr SWC 45 ACP Berry's Bullets and they have functioned flawlessly and accurately for me.

Another member I shoot with uses the Bayou Bullets and has great success with them.

I don't think your making a bad choice either way. I've also shot the Power Bond plated with no issues.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have not used Bayou yet. However the Berry's plated .40 180grains worked very well for me with little fouling and FMJ accuracy.

Dave

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    My 2 cents. I use Missouri Bullets for all my reloading. I shoot them out of Glocks and have seen no leading and also have not issues with feeding or accuracy. Also I can get a 1000, 180gr bullets in .40 for $64.00. www.missouribullet.com

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I know Donnies bullets are great.

Another good bullet is Black Bullets or Precision Bullets (both are called Black Bullets). I've been shooting Black Bullets (while waiting for Donnie to get ready for his new batch) and I can get those for $ 65/ 1000 delivered to my house..

I know Precision is $ 67/ 1000 delivered and if you buy more than 3k, the price drops to around & 61/ 1000 delivered.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I used to use the Berry's plated bullets a lot, and I liked them just fine. When I used them they were about $16 for 250 9mm, and it was a really good value. But now they are something like twice that cost, so I just started casting my own.

Home made cast bullets, in my opinion, are the best way to go for economy, personal satisfaction, load customization, and reducing wear on your gun.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    thanks for all the advice i think im gonna give the bayou bullets a try. i clean my guns after every shooting so even if there ended up being some buildup i think i would be fine.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I recently loaded up a bunch of Bayou Bullets .357 158 LSWC, and they were great. Accurate, and less residue than with other lead bullets I've used in the past. Donnie was great to work with. Highly recommended.

chbrow10

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I've used both Bayou and Berry's and like them both. Seems Donnie is out of what I need, so I'll be placing a Berry's order...

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I've doubled the Berry's I've shot since this post started ;)

Bayou Bullets are still running great for everyone I know shooting them.

Top Bottom