White inlay on my Glock 20

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Turned out pretty cool. I know it won't be for everybody but hey, I like it.

d0d0fo92k6bkfk7sovr.jpg

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I've heard that the wax when using the crayon tends to like cure in the crack with the heat from shooting and protects it from washing of when you apply cleaner to it, not sure if it's true, I've heard of people doing it with them roll'a'penn from the craft department in Wally world too and I want to say that's actually oil based paint. I think it looks cool.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Last edited:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Me likes:)
    I did mine a few weeks ago with model paint and am waiting for the durability test of time, heat and concealed carry.
    I was afraid my over 50 year old eyes was going to let me mess up and stick the wrong magazine in the wrong lower. I have a G23, G27 and a G19 upper. Just to muddle it more I have 357sig and 9mm conversion barrels. Too much stuff and too easy to mix it up. Don't won't to fire off a 9mm in a 40SW or 357sig barrel.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, kinda, but not exactly a crayon...

I also have the red one. I'm going to use them to do the bullet pictograms on a lower selector.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360231819175&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1049wt_1167

qlifrophx4tvutdgbeev.png

a group buy on this would be nice because -- $3.95 ea + $4.00 shipping ???

Below is From the ebay site you had posted above.
    TOOL ONLY - LEGAL WORLDWIDE

Professional gunsmiths use these Industrial grade lacquer paint sticks to fill in the stamped lettering on both blued and stainless steel guns for an easy custom look.

Whether you want to individualize a pistol slide or a fine rife barrel, now it is super easy. Just rub this wax-like paint into any recessed logo, lettering or serial number and then use a paper towel wrapped straight edge to wipe the excess off. It's that simple! Made with pride in the USA.

Red and black look great on stainless or nickel plated guns. White, yellow, and red are also great for highlighting the caliber marking on the back of Glock magazines to prevent confusion between the very similar 9mm, .40, or .357 mags.

This listing is for ONE new paint stick in your choice of: WHITE, RED, YELLOW , or BLACK.

I keep all these colors in stock, but unless another color is requested, I will ship the most popular - WHITE paint.

Please let me know if you wish another color.

Using a paint stick to highlight lettering on a slide:

For best results, just rub it into the letters and then use a paper towel wrapped straight edge to wipe the excess off. (If you wipe using a rough rag, or without using a support, you can dig the paint back out of the letters.) Let it set-up a while, then apply a second coat to completely fill the lettering. Wipe the excess as before, then wait for the lacquer paint to set-up again. Finally, wipe the surface of the gun totally clean with a paper towel having a couple drops of gun oil on it. It is that easy!

Once totally hard, the paint will stand up to normal cleaning for years. I used this product on a G26 five years ago and it still looks great. If you ever want to remove the paint: soak with gun or mineral oil to soften the lacquer and use a wooden toothpick or soft nylon brush to scrub the paint out from the lettering. It will come totally clean with no damage at all to your pistol's finish.

TK

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Hi KT,

If purchased in quantities of 8/10 (on a direct PayPal invoice), I could sell them for $3.95 each, with just $4 total shipping for all. Let me know and I will shoot you a PayPal invoice.

THis was from seller, would any of you be interested in getting any of these?
    They have them in WHITE, RED, YELLOW , or BLACK

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    latest: going to use this one on the 50AE upper... Thanks to Ritten on the upper and madmax4x4 on the lower.

hzn6m311knv7pts72v3.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom