Gallon CLP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Someone on another forum (sigforum) is selling Gallons of CLP for $31 plus shipping. I am awaiting a shipping cost to Baton Rouge. Shipping will probably be less for multiple gallons, so if anyone is interested in a 'group buy', let me know, and I'll get a quote on whatever quantity.

I'll let everyone know when he responds with a freight cost on a single gallon.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I've never seen gallons that low. Are you sure it's the real thing? I think the cheapest I've found a gallon for was $56.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It was the seller's first post on Sigforum, so I'm naturally cautious, but he started shipping in May, and several people have given positive reports. Good email response, fast shipping, etc. And some of those responses were from long time posters there, so the seller couldn't have set the whole thing up.

I am suspicious, but it seems legit. That's all I know, and I can't guarantee anything beyond that. Go to Sigforum and search and see what you think.

He emailed me
    back about shipping: $7.08 for one gallon; $14 for a case of four.

Add 3% for Paypal or gpal; not sure how else you could pay.

I'm definitely going to get a gallon or two, but if anyone else wants one, it will be cheaper to combine shipping. Let me know.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well he's a new guy on there, I've been a member since 2002. Hope it all goes well or they will be all over him like some in the past. Remember the guy selling batteries a couple years ago? He went to jail.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    He's new on there, but several people are giving good reports, and some of them have been members for years. At least one person picked it up from him because he lives close, so that makes me feel better too.

The pictures look right. I don't know what else to do other than a chemical analysis, so I'm willing to chance $38 or less.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    Have you purchased any of this CLP? Is it Break-Free CLP or some other mfg? Is it in original container or generic? Price seems too good to be true as it is about 70% off regular best price. I paid $48.00/gal about 7 years ago so you can see the why of my questions. Brownells sell it for $99.00/gal plus shipping.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Have you purchased any of this CLP? Is it Break-Free CLP or some other mfg? Is it in original container or generic? Price seems too good to be true as it is about 70% off regular best price. I paid $48.00/gal about 7 years ago so you can see the why of my questions. Brownells sell it for $99.00/gal plus shipping.

I ordered 4 gallons over the weekend, and according to the Fedex tracking information it was picked up yesterday and scheduled for delivery to me tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

It is Break-Free CLP, and I called them to do some investigating. From the pictures, this appears to be 'round' gallon bottles, and pictures of the new gallons appear to be 'squared' gallon bottles. Think chlorox versus antifreeze containers. They told me that they stopped using the 'round' gallon containers at the end of 2009. They also said that CLP has a shelf life of 5 years if not exposed to sunlight or extreme cold.

I emailed the seller and inquired as to the age, and he replied that his distributor bought this stuff about 5 months ago. My conclusion is that someone bought a boatload of the old style container, and while the age may not be known for certain, I doubt that it is bad.

For 4 gallons I paid $35/gallon, including shipping costs. I'm not too worried about it. I'm keeping one gallon and the other 3 are for family members.

Here is a link to the original thread on Sigforum: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/1150085112/p/1

You can see that there are numerous satisfied customers there, so I decided to take a chance. Decide for yourself.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I ordered a gallon via his posted email (I'm not a sigforum member). Worse case scenario is product is 5+ years old. I've got bottles of the stuff that is probably 20+ years old.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I received the four gallons today. It looks legit to me, but I haven't poured any out to compare to a known substance. The gallon is sealed with foil, and I hate to open it until I need it. But I may open it and compare it to some I bought locally.

If anybody is considering this and wants to come see the gallons I bought, my office is on Siegen Lane and you're welcome to come see. Just let me know.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom