SBR - Is it worth it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    SBR shouldnt affect accuracy, but that is going by my experience with AR's, AK's are different. I've heard of AR's getting cut down to 10.5-11" and actually being more accurate since the shop put a better crown on the weapon than the factory did.

I would love to do an SBR AR for patrol use, it would be alot more handy if I had to get in/out of vehicles or maneuver through small houses or apartments.

Personally, unless your going to be using the weapon in those type of circumstances, I wouldnt worry about it. The extra 5-6" of barrel shouldnt bother you that much. I'd rather get a suppressor for civilian only use, depending on caliber it can make for neighbor-friendly backyard plinking (.22 especially), and is alot more (or less, rather) bang for the buck than taking a few inches off a barrel

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What's the BZ? I'll start searching and see if I can figure it out where/what it is. Bam that would be killer. I've got plans that take up this weekend, but next week/weekend would be great.
    We usually go down to the lafayette area. The actual reclimation time is like sep to march, but we wait till there is a good cold snap to kill off the marsh grass so we can see them better. Plus cool weather is much better when hunting all day!

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    haha no luck finding BZ, Bam Zone?
    The BZ is the stennis buffer zone.It has a area that we shoot at that is un regulated Exept by us when we are there it is open all the time and all types of guns are allowed.It is talked about in the meets and events area and the slAKers section.The best place I have seen around here and well worth the 50 or so miles to get there.

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hmm.. I'm headed to bilox with the wife on saturday morning, probably leaving baton rouge around 9ish. We could stop by there for a tad bit if anyone is going to be around. If not maybe another time...

I'm always down for new nutria killer friends. We have a camp out at Cypermort Point that we spend the night at , then go killing the next day and return. So the trip is usally a 1.5 dayer.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'd be down for nutria killin, but I'd also want to skin them. :D Ever tried to cure their fur? I dunno how it would turn out.

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    LOL check it out, www.nutria.com it's got all you'll ever need, recipies, fur coats etc...

I'll throw you out the boat if you want to cook nutria around me... No rat eating for me.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I'd love to get in on a trip.... give me an excuse to try out that rifle I bought from you. I'll wait until I get home to try to cook them ;)

back to the original topic:
    I don't think it would be worth it for a SBR, if you are going through that much trouble get a suppressor... if would much more fun.

Top Bottom