NOPD: Police brutality lawsuit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The constant screaming is coming from the woman being handcuffed.

Couple suing NOPD for alleged beating, false arrest

Justin and Kristyn Seeley say two New Orleans police officers punched and kicked them, threw them into a brick wall and ultimately arrested them on false charges all because they didn’t like the way Justin laughed.

The officers in question, Sgt. Raymond Genovese and Officer Keith Ambrose, claim the Seeleys were highly intoxicated, aggressive and that Justin Seeley slapped Ambrose on the buttocks.

The Seeleys, in town for the Microsoft TechEd conference June 7-10, found themselves sitting in Orleans Parish Prison for nearly 15 hours, covered in bruises and abrasions, facing various charges including public drunkenness, resisting arrest and battery on an officer.

“They slammed my head into a brick wall for nothing. Every time we turn around we see another bruise,” said Kristyn Seeley, who has no criminal background.

Justin Seeley, who has one prior arrest for driving under the influence, said they will never come back to New Orleans.

“We’re telling everyone we know, trying to post everything we can everywhere to spread the word about what’s going on in this city,” he said, “because it’s not right what happened to us. It kills your faith in society.”

All charges against the Seeleys were dismissed two days after the incident, though the couple was forced to forfeit their $1,030 bond.

The Seeleys plan to file a civil lawsuit against the NOPD.

face.jpg
    http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/b...-suing-nopd-for-alleged-beating-false-arrest/
    http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/blog/2010/06/28/criminal-law-experts-analyze-tourists-arrest/

:)

Last edited:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Unreal. They're b*itching about him getting punched in the face by the cop. Did they not see the guy kick the NOPD officer multiple times?

Typical drunks lettin' the good times roll.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    dumb-asses. why do people get drunk in public then are surprised when their behavior is met with an equivalent response? quote: “I heard one of the officers say that I slapped him on the ass. It was a lie. I didn’t touch the cop. I know better than to touch a cop. I guess wherever he's from, kicking isn't touching.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not speaking to the case above; BUT:

The real reason that Co. Edmonson brings 200 LSP officers to the French Quarter during Mardi Gras is to protect citizens from the NOPD.

Why must we who live here have to fear the NOPD ?

What will Chief Serpas and Judge Cannizzarro do about it?

leVieux

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    ...we're posting everywhere, trying to spread the word...

Guess what, genius? People are still going to come to New Orleans for the debauchery factor, get drunk, act like assholes, **** off NOPD, and get thumped for it.

So save your indignation for the civil trial. Nobody gives a ****.

I would like to sit on that jury. :rolleyes:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    I saw 2 nopd officers punch a man in the face, while he was handcuffed behind the back. The guy was being obnoxious, but still, that's going overboard!

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    “We’re telling everyone we know, trying to post everything we can everywhere to spread the word about what’s going on in this city,” he said, “because it’s not right what happened to us. It kills your faith in society.”

Who goes to NO looking to come away with a better view of society?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Was that NolaCop getting some TV time???????? :rofl::rofl::rofl: JK Brannon

NO will always be NO, its a unique place and thats why people will continue to go there and get B slapped hahahahahahah!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Punching him in the face while he's hand-cuffed and on the ground will not go over well in court.

I'm pretty sure there's no legitimate reason for that.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve it but it's not up to Cops to deliver that justice at their own will. Too much emotion involved.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't think it's a good idea to kick an officer in the nuts. Ever. The officer was unjustified in his use of force in my opinion, and they will very likely win their civil suit. The dude was controlled, on the ground handcuffed behind the back, I can't possibly imagine how they'll justify beating his face in at that point.

As for the girl, someone should have taught her to shut the **** up a long time ago.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't think it's a good idea to kick an officer in the nuts. Ever. The officer was unjustified in his use of force in my opinion, and they will very likely win their civil suit. The dude was controlled, on the ground handcuffed behind the back, I can't possibly imagine how they'll justify beating his face in at that point.

As for the girl, someone should have taught her to shut the **** up a long time ago.

Agreed 100%

I think the slam was WELL earned, but taking the time to stand over him and throw 8 well aimed shots to his face....nah that **** won't fly in court. I mean how would you as a cop explain why you had to punch him in the face, and then keep punching him several more times? :mamoru:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

+1

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Maybe it's just me- but I really try not to spend much time in an area that requires that much police presence in the first place. I'm seldom in that much need of a good time.

No, you can't kick an officer- that was clearly wrong. But do I think the cop handled it the right way? My humble opinion only, unless the guy cuffed was Chuck Norris, probably not.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Not speaking to the case above; BUT:

The real reason that Co. Edmonson brings 200 LSP officers to the French Quarter during Mardi Gras is to protect citizens from the NOPD.

Why must we who live here have to fear the NOPD ?

What will Chief Serpas and Judge Cannizzarro do about it?

leVieux

That's funny as sh*t about LSP!

And false.

As far as what Serpas and Cannizzarro will do?

Nada!

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Maybe it's just me- but I really try not to spend much time in an area that requires that much police presence in the first place. I'm seldom in that much need of a good time.

No, you can't kick an officer- that was clearly wrong. But do I think the cop handled it the right way? My humble opinion only, unless the guy cuffed was Chuck Norris, probably not.

Stupid Places - Check
    Stupid People - Check
    Stupid Things - Check

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I once saw two NOLA cops beat down a dude just for accidentally scraping his trombone up against their patrol car in the quarter... wait, that was in an episode of Treme. NM

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy

The drunks were acting stupid, the cop acted more stupid. He obviously lost control and went way overboard.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I was about 10 feet away from this. It happened across the street from my work at the Royal Sonesta. Personally, I think Officer Ambrose should have reacted the way he did. Whether in cuffs or not, it is never a good idea to strike a cop. What you saw on camera was only a small part of the situation. I watched them resist for a few minutes before (particularly the woman) while SGT Genovese tried to cuff her.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom