LSA is YOUR State Pro-gun Organization

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    LSA had a good legislative session:

The last of the Louisiana Shooting Association sponsored bills was signed into law yesterday. We had a great session this year. Every bill supported by the LSA became law and every bill we opposed either died in committee or was amended in a way that made it acceptable. The two big wins were the exemption of concealed handgun permit holders from the law prohibiting carrying within 1000' of schools and repealing the prohibition of lawfully possessed firearms in state parks, wildlife management areas, wildlife preserves and historic places. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this grass roots effort.

Since March 17 of 2009, 827 new members joined the LSA. These are brand new, never before members. If you included those people who had been members at some time in the past, the number would be noticeably higher.

LSA has promoted the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership by representing Louisiana gun owners in the legislature; participating in amicus curiae briefing to the Supreme Court in the Heller and McDonald cases; and by sponsoring junior and adult shooting opportunities and competitions.
    We would like to increase our membership by another 1000 members in the next 12 months. Please help this effort by joining yourself and/or telling your friends about LSA and encouraging them to join. As a bonus, when you join or renew your membership, you get a chance to win a really nice Ruger 10/22 Carbine Deluxe Sporter rifle. And, for each new member that you get to join the LSA, you will get an additional chance at winning this rifle! The drawing will be held at the annual meeting in January 2011.

To join the LSA, go to www.louisianashooting.com , create a secure account and then visit our on-line store.

Dan

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I have at least four people in mind that will be hearing about the huge accomplishments of the LSA. I have no doubt they will be joining.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    LSA had a good legislative session:

The last of the Louisiana Shooting Association sponsored bills was signed into law yesterday. We had a great session this year. Every bill supported by the LSA became law and every bill we opposed either died in committee or was amended in a way that made it acceptable. The two big wins were the exemption of concealed handgun permit holders from the law prohibiting carrying within 1000' of schools and repealing the prohibition of lawfully possessed firearms in state parks, wildlife management areas, wildlife preserves and historic places. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this grass roots effort.

Since March 17 of 2009, 827 new members joined the LSA. These are brand new, never before members. If you included those people who had been members at some time in the past, the number would be noticeably higher.

LSA has promoted the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership by representing Louisiana gun owners in the legislature; participating in amicus curiae briefing to the Supreme Court in the Heller and McDonald cases; and by sponsoring junior and adult shooting opportunities and competitions.
    We would like to increase our membership by another 1000 members in the next 12 months. Please help this effort by joining yourself and/or telling your friends about LSA and encouraging them to join. As a bonus, when you join or renew your membership, you get a chance to win a really nice Ruger 10/22 Carbine Deluxe Sporter rifle. And, for each new member that you get to join the LSA, you will get an additional chance at winning this rifle! The drawing will be held at the annual meeting in January 2011.

To join the LSA, go to www.louisianashooting.com , create a secure account and then visit our on-line store.

Dan

I didn't hear about this win, but I sure am glad to read it now!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    For some reason (probably the guns in church bill) the 1000' school zone bill received virtually no coverage by the main stream media. This is pretty interesting because it was opposed by the Board of Regents of LSU and it has a far greater impact on expanding concealed carry opportunities than all of the other pro gun bills combined. Go to Google Earth and start drawing 1000' zones around schools and you will see that most inhabited areas fall within one of these zones, including 70% of the French Quarter.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    May 18, 2009
    The WMA issue (along with the others, of course) is huge. Wade was right!

I'm interested in seeing what restrictions the dept. puts in writing.....

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    The WMA issue (along with the others, of course) is huge. Wade was right!

I'm interested in seeing what restrictions the dept. puts in writing.....

The word was that the DWF was going to change its regs to allow concealed carry in WMAs even without the bill.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    May 18, 2009
    The word was that the DWF was going to change its regs to allow concealed carry in WMAs even without the bill.

Yessir. As it should be, IMHO.

Now all that needs to happen is for everyone to do their part and prove that all the fear and paranoia surrounding "people carrying guns" in these places is vastly unfounded. Not everyone is a fan of what just happened, and I think we need to remember that- and prove them to be wrong.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    For some reason (probably the guns in church bill) the 1000' school zone bill received virtually no coverage by the main stream media. This is pretty interesting because it was opposed by the Board of Regents of LSU and it has a far greater impact on expanding concealed carry opportunities than all of the other pro gun bills combined. Go to Google Earth and start drawing 1000' zones around schools and you will see that most inhabited areas fall within one of these zones, including 70% of the French Quarter.

Laziness?

King of D Open
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Dan, I hadn't raised this issue when 556 was in process but it appears to me that the exemption from the 1000' School Zone only applies to LA Resident CHP holders, not reciprocal CHP visitors from other states. Clarification???

RS 40:1379.3 M. No concealed handgun permit shall be valid or entitle any permittee to carry a concealed weapon in any facility, building, location, zone, or area in which firearms are banned by state or federal law.

18 USC Sec. 922 subsection (q) (2)
    (A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
    (B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm—
    (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
    (ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I would argue that reciprocity is the same as being licensed by the state. However, it is of no moment with respect to 556. If you want to change that language, you need to deal with DC. These people who write laws do so for sound bytes. They have no clue how they really apply nor do they for the most part care.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'm not Dan but I would think that when a person with a CHP say from Mississippi comes to LA. he goes by our laws.

Top Bottom