BayouShooter Ad Available
Advanced Weapon Systems

Thread: Mud Boat??

Marksman

Gold Member

Mud Boat??

Mods if this is in the worng spot please move.

A few years back I would see small mud boats 20hp give or take all over the place and I cant seem to find out who builds them.
    If you know of a builder please let me know?
    If you have or had one let me know how you liked it?

Thanks

Clandestine Sciuridae

Gold Member
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe

Quote Originally Posted by Ritten View Post
    Buy them all!! If you don't like it, sell it. They ain't shoes you know...

LA CHP Instructor # 522 Guate_shooter's Avatar
    http://www.gator-tail.com/
    http://www.godevil.com/

There are diferent companies now who makes a similar design.

Marksman

Gold Member
    I am gonna look for a pic of what I am talking about. I searched about a week and can not find it.

They are inboard stright drive fiberglass boats.

Like a KIRK mudboat??????????????

Attached Images Attached Images

Marksman

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guate_shooter View Post
    Like a KIRK mudboat??????????????

No they were smaller may have even been 10hp boats. I may just give Kirk a call and see if he knows who has the mold the boats were from around his area may have even been his at one time.

What HP boat is that?

It was probably an early version made by KIRK, he might still have one or two laying out somewheres, or he might have a costumer looking to upgrade to the newer style.

If you get one, get it with the Subaru motor.
    "It's pitiful to bring up historical topics to some of our young people today. They just stare at you like you're from outer space. If you're going to be led around by the nose in this country by the government, if you can't figure out what's true and what's not and what kind of propaganda they're giving you, that's a sad situation."
    1st LT Gene Andrews USMC

Marksman
    You can always build your own like I'm doing.

You can build the motor if you own some basic metal working tools and attach it to a small aluminum flat boat (10 - 12 ft) or build your own wooden sneak boat. Can achieve speeds of 7 - 12 mph depending on boat and load.

Marksman

Gold Member
    This is the type I was talking about this is a 16ft with a 23hp. I still havent found who has the mold.

Just a pic I found online.

Marksman

Premium Member
    Looks a lot like the ones in post 5 as far as the seat and motor placement. The bow and transom are slightly different... Are you wanting a simple inboard motor with a fixed through hull prop-shaft design?

Marksman

Premium Member
    I know what you are talking about but haven't seen one in years. I recall a place on the Evangeline Thruway that was selling them back in the eighties. They were basically a small version of the old basic mud boat with a car engine and direct drive shaft.

Marksman

Premium Member
    I believe what you are looking for was called a Waymaker. They were made by Doug Morrison at Waymaker in Chackbay/Thibodaux area. You might try to reach him unless they are out of business. They came with engines ranging from 15hp up to 90hp. Here is an ad for one http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...-boat-96692715 ; www.mikesmarine.net/inventory/boat3.html ;

Marksman

Premium Member
    Here you go: Duck Boat in Houma 1997 Waymaker - $1800...25 kohler..eletric fuel pump...new seat..new wood floor...new gas tank...ready to hunt..it runs about 18 mph @ 3500 rpms....may trade????
    Last edited by bayoutrigger; July 18th, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Marksman

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoutrigger View Post
    Here you go: Duck Boat in Houma 1997 Waymaker - $1800...25 kohler..eletric fuel pump...new seat..new wood floor...new gas tank...ready to hunt..it runs about 18 mph @ 3500 rpms....may trade????
    I sent him a E-mail but the ad is kinda old so we will see.
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutrigger View Post
    I believe what you are looking for was called a Waymaker. They were made by Doug Morrison at Waymaker in Chackbay/Thibodaux area. You might try to reach him unless they are out of business. They came with engines ranging from 15hp up to 90hp. Here is an ad for one http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...-boat-96692715 ; www.mikesmarine.net/inventory/boat3.html ;
    Waymaker has been out of business for years now . I worked for them a while , Doug also lives right up the road from me, looks like his son may still work on a few boats . Also if you find out who has that mold please let me know . I have been looking for a hull like that for years .
    Last edited by dirk70301; November 12th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson

On Target
    I have one just like the one you posted. I fish with it more than my outboard. Simple, Cheap to operate and fun cause you don't have to "baby" it.
    Would post a pic but I can't seem to make it work with copy/paste....

Join the Resistance Poopshooter's Avatar
    I built my boat for 1200.

PM me for info.
    The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

It wont be long now.