Rossi Circuit Judge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I just don't get this kind of stuff.

The judge line, and even MORE SO this firearm. Gimmicky at best.

I wonder what it's like to have a revolver go off a few inches in front of your eyes. Make sure you wear your safety glasses! Or a face shield... unless they solved some blowback issues that plagued older revolving-carbine designs..

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy

Oh, I see now. Much better pics.

I had found a 'feature list' that actually said 'on the left' but it said also 'so you don't scorch your arm' so maybe they were just talking about the nonSouthpaws or something.../shrug.

One less complaint about the gun though, at least. :)

Also... why do people keep adding "effective for self defense" to everything Judge related? I think the Judge may well kill people if you shot them, but I feel it's definitely not the savior it's marketed as.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Also the old Colt revolving rifles were cap and ball. So in addition to the cylinder gap problems they had issues through the cap portion too.

I agree this is a gimmic weapon. But it's cool looking and would be fun to shoot in 45 LC I bet.

Dave

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Also... why do people keep adding "effective for self defense" to everything Judge related? I think the Judge may well kill people if you shot them, but I feel it's definitely not the savior it's marketed as.

Who knows, I guess as more and more of the unwashed masses gets brainwashed by the gov't to believe that anything other than a "sporting arm" is "bad" they need clarification on a gun's proposed useage?

I would say that pretty much any gun is more "effective for self defense" than a stick or clump of mud...

I do agree that the judge line is pretty gimmicky, and seems to offer a replacement for proper shot placement and handling techniques. Not sure if there would be much use for one, maybe as a backup gun in a multiple attacker scenario? Use it weak hand and just blast away while maintaining more focus on the primary weapon. Some buckshot would slow down whatever it hits, giving more time possibly?

Seems like a niche weapon to me. As an anti car jacking weapon, maybe, the taurus vids show it as that. And it makes a mess of watermelons so if they ever attack I can maybe see a purpose. But given the numbers of attacking watermelons (and there would have to be alot as they have no hands) I would prefer to have my saiga 12 and a bunch of 20rd drums.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I want a judge, but I'm waiting to find a used one for $300 or less, before I do. Not worth paying for one, for more, to me. Don't want it that bad I guess. I think it'd sure be fun though.

.410 buckshot though... I would not trust. If I want home defense, I'll use a handgun that can hold more rounds and do just as much, probably more, damage. Otherwise there's proper shotguns, if you don't want a handgun.

The Judge.. ok... but I'm just perplexed as to why they'd market the Circuit Judge of all things, as being for home defense... wtf. No. There's much better, for even cheaper, even, than that. Oh well, that's me being picky.

I will just wait 5 or 10 more years and see what the used market yields me after the first couple waves of Judge owners get tired of their gimmicks and want to sell them.

Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia
    any idea on the price? If it's reasonable, it may make a good youth starter gun. Shotgun/rifle in one package.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I want a judge, but I'm waiting to find a used one for $300 or less, before I do. Not worth paying for one, for more, to me. Don't want it that bad I guess. I think it'd sure be fun though.

.410 buckshot though... I would not trust. If I want home defense, I'll use a handgun that can hold more rounds and do just as much, probably more, damage. Otherwise there's proper shotguns, if you don't want a handgun.

The Judge.. ok... but I'm just perplexed as to why they'd market the Circuit Judge of all things, as being for home defense... wtf. No. There's much better, for even cheaper, even, than that. Oh well, that's me being picky.

I will just wait 5 or 10 more years and see what the used market yields me after the first couple waves of Judge owners get tired of their gimmicks and want to sell them.

You pretty much summed up my opinion on the pistol, and despite its fan's best efforts, I haven't really been swayed. I've shot them-- they're neat, but a gimmick like you've said. As a snake gun, I certainly think they are a good idea. Anything else-- eh, there's better choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom