Home Defense Foundation of New Orleans
Interstate Guns

Thread: Sellier and Bellot Buckshot any good? Added Question

Marksman

Sellier and Bellot Buckshot any good? Added Question

Has anyone used Sellier and Bellot 12 ga 2 3/4" 00 Buck? anything bad about it? I saw that it is dirt cheap online, and was going to buy a couple hundred rounds to stock up, but dont want to waste my money.

Update:

Has anyone ever used any of these?
    12 Gauge RIO Low Recoil 00 Buck Shot 9 pellet
    12 Gauge RIO High Power 00 Buckshot 9 pellet
    12 gauge Centurion 2 x .650 round Ball 2.75 inch 1200 FPS

I will not be hunting with these, just shoot a few at the range to supplement the birdshot out of the Saiga, and to have some on hand for HD purposes. They seem to be pretty inexpensive, but have decent reviews.

Anyone having issues with reduced recoil shells cycling in a a semi-auto?
    Last edited by f350drvr; January 3rd, 2011 at 09:03 AM.

Real good I buy by case. great stuff and prices. Cabelas get real good deals at times.

Marksman
    Well, the website had it priced at $3.21 for a 10 rd box, but when I tried to order, they went up to $6.21 a box. I called and they told me that the link was to an old model # that had been discontinued.

3 Gun / F Class Player tactical723's Avatar
    I have used these exclusively in my 3gun matches when buckshot was called for. They worked really well in both my 1100 and Benelli, however we shoot steel And paper, not flesh, unknown what they will do on game. Attractive deal when offered by the case.
    USAF Desert Storm Vet, SSGT (926 Tactical Fighter Grp, A-10 Sq, Crew Chief) Longtime and woreout LEO, USPSA/ISPSC, 3-GUN, IDPA, NRA F Class -Precision Tactical Rifle Competitor / Life Member, LSA, God Bless the USA

Thank a vet for your freedom -
    Thank JESUS, for paying a debt he didn't owe, because you owed a debt you couldn't pay

Marksman
    Bump, I added a few new shell options to the OP to see if anyone has any feedback.

Teufel Hunden

Gold Member
    Your inbox is full
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

Marksman
    should be ok now.

Instructor
    Site Sponsor
    Range use will not matter much, but the Federal Flight Control Buck Shot patterns noticeably tighter than others from most guns. I would use this for HD use.
    Defensive Firearms Training and CHP Certification
    www.BearcoTraining.com
    Facebook.com/bearco