legal to kill bobcats in louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    BOBCAT (Experimental Year Round Season)
    No person other than the holder of a valid big game license may take or possess bobcat, EXCEPT licensed trappers
    who may take or possess bobcat during the open trapping season. A big game licensee shall only take bobcat during
    the time period from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset with approved archery equipment,
    shotgun, primitive firearm, or centerfire firearm. A big game licensee shall not take more than one bobcat per
    calendar year. This regulation applies only to property that is privately owned, state wildlife management areas,
    and the Bayou des Ourses, Bodcau, Bonnet Carre, Indian Bayou, Loggy Bayou and Soda Lake tracts owned
    by the Corps of Engineers, but does not apply to state wildlife refuges, the Kisatchie National Forest, or other
    federally owned refuges and lands. On state wildlife management areas the take of bobcat is restricted to those
    open seasons on the WMAs which require the respective legal weapons noted abov

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    I called the wildlife and fishery and asked about killing the bobcat that killed 12 of my chickens. I was told to use motion lights and play loud music to keep them away....**** that I have 00buck shot load waiting on it's return!
    Keith

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    did your chickens have any blood left? cause you may be dealing with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra

this was on the history channel's monster quest. your chickens made me think of it.

their hairless dogs are easy to kill but the beast itself may be a different story. there are no reports of these thing in louisiana yet but they are in texas.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    A woman I work with caught a Red Fox last night in a trap. She thinks it's been getting her cats.

Unlikely unless they are kittens, unless its 2 or more Foxes, they hunt cats in groups usually.

I have 3 cats, they have fought/stood toe to toe with Foxes a number of times...they team up on the Foxes, dogs, cats, and whatever else gives them crap usually.

When I see a Fox and a Cat in the street I don't even bother going outside anymore, I just watch. They usually make the mistake of picking on Toby anyway, my insane grey tabby that likes to fight 50+lb dogs.

2+ Foxes or Fox vs Kittens...yeah its getting them. Full grown cats, possible but unlikely.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Unlikely unless they are kittens, unless its 2 or more Foxes, they hunt cats in groups usually.

I have 3 cats, they have fought/stood toe to toe with Foxes a number of times...they team up on the Foxes, dogs, cats, and whatever else gives them crap usually.

When I see a Fox and a Cat in the street I don't even bother going outside anymore, I just watch. They usually make the mistake of picking on Toby anyway, my insane grey tabby that likes to fight 50+lb dogs.

2+ Foxes or Fox vs Kittens...yeah its getting them. Full grown cats, possible but unlikely.

Dude what kind of crazy animal freak fights you got going on over there :confused::mamoru:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

They have alot of Coyotes in around her house out in Ethel, I told her it was more likely that they got her cats or a neighbor that doesn't like all her cats.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Dude you just never know around here. I was talking to a guy who was walking his Rotty, Toby walks up to him & the dog, being sweet, and the Rott makes the mistake of trying to pounce on him...he jumped on that dogs face and put 4 teeth and 20 claws in it faster than the dog could blink...it was freakin beautiful!

2 days later a guy was walking his Black Lab mutt in front of my house...he decides to let his dog taunt Toby...rofl...Toby dove on top of him and started tearing into him, the dog flung Toby into some nearby bushes and he charged out after the dog and latched on to his face, by this time I was leaping over the shrubs in my front yard, the dogs owner was screaming and cursing Toby, who was laying there all innocent like, while the dog whimpered and cried, sprawled out on the ground, next to his owner. I went to get Toby b/c I was nervous that the dogs owner would try to hurt him.

Toby whipped that dogs ass from my driveway, 20ft down the sidewalk, to my neighbors driveway. It was too freakin funny, he got lots of love for that.

What kind of ******* lets their dog go after someones cat while the cat is in its own driveway? I'd shoot that ************ just as soon as look at it, the dog I mean. I figured Toby smacking down his dog was better than me smacking the owner down, the prick.

Charlie you are 100% right on that, its Coyotes or a Neighbor, both will make short work of a cat.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well she caught a Red Fox in her trap. She thinks that's what got the cats. I bet the fox was going to eat the cat food she leaves out. I still vote Coyote.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom