Baton Rouge Bank Fishing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone know of any good lakes or ponds to fish? Bringing a buddy that hasn't really done much fishing..even any neighborhood spots as I may know someone in the neighborhood. All I can seem to find is the BREC parks.

Or better yet, does anyone have a stocked pond that wouldn't mind us partaking in some catch and release in?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    go towards lafayette and there at ramah they do some catching along the water.. lsu lakes but you cant eat them.. miss river bank fishing.. boat launch....

BayouDeputy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Plaquemine, La
    When you get off in Ramah, cross over the levee towards the boat launch. you'll see the road split, one way goes under the interstate and along a bayou, the other goes to the launch. I see most of the catching done in the bayou to the left.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    The pond behind lakeside daiquiri's on burbank is ok. Usually the neighboring condo parkign lot is open, and we used to go through there and set up on the bank, no one seemed to mind, you could even launch a canoe if you want.

We also fished below the bridge where burbank turns into siegan on fountainbleu bayou and caught a few sac-a-lait there.

Fishing was never very productive for us in BR but it was fun.

Covington

BShooter.com Premium Mber
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Covington
    The pond behind lakeside daiquiri's on burbank is ok. Usually the neighboring condo parkign lot is open, and we used to go through there and set up on the bank, no one seemed to mind, you could even launch a canoe if you want.

We also fished below the bridge where burbank turns into siegan on fountainbleu bayou and caught a few sac-a-lait there.

Fishing was never very productive for us in BR but it was fun.

we've done almost the exact same thing, caught plenty of bass in that pond off burbank by lakeside

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    The Lake at the BREC park on N. Sherwood Forest (between Greenwell Springs and S. Choctaw) is stocked with Rainbow Trout.

There's some decent fishing at Blackwater Conservation Area (corner of Hooper and Blackwater Road)

Also some decent fishing at Waddill Wildlife Refuge on Flannery (between Greenwell Springs and S. Choctaw)

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    damn, i forgot about waddell.

what bait do you even use for rainbow trout?

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    The Lake at the BREC park on N. Sherwood Forest (between Greenwell Springs and S. Choctaw) is stocked with Rainbow Trout.

There's some decent fishing at Blackwater Conservation Area (corner of Hooper and Blackwater Road)

Also some decent fishing at Waddill Wildlife Refuge on Flannery (between Greenwell Springs and S. Choctaw)

Definitely these two over any of BREC's ponds.

damn, i forgot about waddell.

what bait do you even use for rainbow trout?

I've heard of people using small marshmallow's for bait to catch trout. Other than flies/fly fishing you can go to the bait store and see if you can find Salmon eggs or imitation salmon eggs.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    crkd...you are saying waddell and blackwater over BREC?

i hear the BREC on N. Harrell's Ferry is decent, but idk.

i know blackwater has two lakes, is one better than the other?

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I've caught mid-sized bass in the lake with the island at Blackwater. Never caught anything more than brim in the other one.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006

Yeah I prefer Waddell and Blackwater over any of BREC's ponds, however I think they are all over fished.

I do second the recommendation of fishing in Ramah. In fact, once the snow starts to melt up north and the Mississippi River begins to rise (like 28 - 30 feet plus on the Baton Rouge scale) you should be able to catfish off the river levee with good success.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    ramah is sounding better and better...today on my way home i noticed a lake in that partially devoped neighborhood kinda right by george o'neal and o'neal. seen a few fishing ppl fishing in it...might go try to that sunday

matthewrich

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Its good that you are going fishing but I would suggest you to once go through the data of fish population and then go for fishing. So that you don't catch the ones which have been becoming extinct. Hope you will find this useful and will enjoy fishing with your friend.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Its good that you are going fishing but I would suggest you to once go through the data of fish population and then go for fishing. So that you don't catch the ones which have been becoming extinct. Hope you will find this useful and will enjoy fishing with your friend.

:hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano::hahano:

Dalee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Baton Rouge Louisiana

They are kind of both the same to me. I've caught 6lb + bass in both of them. The best time to catch them is in the spring. Blackwater has to be one of my favorite spots to fish

Top Bottom