Release Date of Kel-Tec KSG

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I was wonder if anyone on here had a idea when the new Kel-Tec KSG comes out for sale?? My wife was looking to buy me something for my bday. Thanks again

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I think this will be like their other products... impossible to find. Everyone wanted the 22 mag handgun and the sub-2000 and where is new stock on those?

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I'm gonna hold off for a year or so and let them work out the bugs.

Same here.

Since seeing the Neostead, I've been waiting for a domestic company to follow suit with a more technically advanced version.
    (I know; the AK, in all of its low-tech glory, is a legendary icon of durability and reliability. However I feel that a good pump shotgun needs a bit more than that. But I digress...)

Will likely get a KSG after the initial bugs, if any, are worked out.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    They are on Gunbroker as of now. Stoopid prices for the most part, but they are "out" and some dealers have them apparently.
    Some of them are people selling the early guns they were given for T&E and Kel-Tec will likely sue them.

I think the release date was the end of last year and that they were going to ship this month. Just **** I read on line.

Scatter Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    The Keltech KSG is turning into a PR nightmare for Keltech. Last update from the company was six months ago, simply advising the public of T&E shipments and action 'our' end for any sales of those particular units. Bottom line is this weapon was presented too far beyond any capable release date, leaving those that are interested chomping at the bit, waiting......waiting.......waiting......waiting! The web, blogs and forums like this are driving the news on this particular weapon, which isn't good for Keltech, as it shows a company that is not in control of it's own media and marketing efforts. Presenting a revolutionary bull pup shotgun design onto the world stage should surely have had a confirmed deadline in place. If not then at least keep an anxious public, who want to spend money on this particular product, updated. Keeping your loyal and potential, future customers in the dark is just bad business! Me, I lost interest and finally bought a Benelli Supernova as I was tired of waiting! I might revisit it in a year or two from now but Keltech aren't getting my money!

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Not sure of where your getting your information.I seen these shotguns at gun shows about 2 months ago.
    As far as dealers getting them.They already have them.I just visited a shop a few days ago and they had
    3 of them.

As far as Kel Tec,they will always be behind on the sending of the guns out to dealers.They could care
    less about the civilians.They have military contracts out the wazoo.They will always be concentrating on
    those before they send out their firearms to dealers at a fast pace.

I wish they would not make any more pistols and just concentrate on the rifles and shotguns.And I have
    to say.That is a bad azzzzzz looking shotgun.I just like the 2 different chambers.And of course the bullpup
    configuration is always a welcome site in my book.

Oh and the price is around $729-$769 depending on your area.But I also found out from many FFL guys
    ,they were told at the shot shows,that inventory would be limited to all firearms,period.SO I guess if
    your looking to get a few more guns before whatever happens,then this year may be the time to do so.I
    am not sure why they would tell dealers this,but I'm guessing to get them ready for a slow down of
    distribution.WTH knows.../.......

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dang. For $729, that makes for (if the price of one is 200 bones) three 870s, nearly four!
    However, would be cool to torture a KSG to failure... :ninja:

Last edited:

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    well ,first off.It weighs about a 1/4 of what a 870 weighs.Second it holds 15 rounds of nasty zombie killing ammo:)
    Third,Id say anything that weighs less than most ARs with 15 rds is just the shizzle.(8.4 pds)

To me,it makes the saiga junk out dated and obsolete now.That saiga with the drum attached is crazy heavy and
    very bulky.This gun cures all that and more.I see a few people saying they don't think it will hold up.I disagree.
    Kelttec doesn't make anything that won't hold up as far as rifles and shotguns.They are a military building company.....

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    There are definite advantages, but economics wins out, along with one heck of a track record. BUT, this is a nice novelty.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY AN A OPNION.

Last edited:

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Maybe its for the man that has everything else lol...

Or maybe for the man that already has 20 shotguns :)

Oh well.This will be my last posts for many moons my
    Cherokee friends.I am at 601 now with only 26 goodie
    points.I promised I would not post more than 600
    before I hit 50.I have many moons to get 24 more:)

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Not sure of where your getting your information.I seen these shotguns at gun shows about 2 months ago.
    As far as dealers getting them.They already have them.I just visited a shop a few days ago and they had
    3 of them.

As far as Kel Tec,they will always be behind on the sending of the guns out to dealers.They could care
    less about the civilians.They have military contracts out the wazoo.They will always be concentrating on
    those before they send out their firearms to dealers at a fast pace.

I wish they would not make any more pistols and just concentrate on the rifles and shotguns.And I have
    to say.That is a bad azzzzzz looking shotgun.I just like the 2 different chambers.And of course the bullpup
    configuration is always a welcome site in my book.

Oh and the price is around $729-$769 depending on your area.But I also found out from many FFL guys
    ,they were told at the shot shows,that inventory would be limited to all firearms,period.SO I guess if
    your looking to get a few more guns before whatever happens,then this year may be the time to do so.I
    am not sure why they would tell dealers this,but I'm guessing to get them ready for a slow down of
    distribution.WTH knows.../.......

What military contracts does Kel Tec hold? Im not aware of any and I also checked FedBizOps and they list none.

Top Bottom