I can't believe there are people like this

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    A guy at work told me this story a few days ago, and after sitting on it for a little while, I decided it had to be shared. He's a pretty decent guy. Working man with a wife and 3 kids, active in his church, etc. When he told me this, I was pretty shocked.:twitch:

A few years ago, when one of his boys was around 10, they were duck hunting at their camp. Shortly after daybreak, they saw a good-sized doe (he said she was about 120 lbs) come out of the swamp. He excitedly took a shot at her from about 20 yards away with his 12ga... loaded with #6 bird shot. He and his son then spent about a half-hour chasing the poor animal around in their boat, he driving and his son taking shot-after-shot at her, until "she slowed down enough" that they were able to catch up to her. He finally ended her life execution style, with a load of 12-ga #6 shot to the back of the head :eek4:

He brought the body to a buddy for him to clean it (he'd never killed or cleaned a deer before) and had it butchered.

By the time he finished telling me the story, I was completely aghast. It was all I could do to ask a few questions- how many times did they shoot her, was it even a legal kill, etc. He told me that they probably shot her 20-something times, and that they did not have a Big Game license, since they usually only hunt ducks.

What got me the most stirred up, was that he told the story with almost a giddy attitude. His only regret was that he didn't wait a couple minutes to see if there was a big buck with her :mad:

I just absolutely could not believe that not only had he tortured an animal like that, in the company of his 10-yr-old by the way; but that he honestly didn't seem to see any problem with it. Not to mention the number of laws that he broke, which he openly admitted to. His attitude about the legal aspect of it seemed to be- "whatever, if I would have gotten busted I would have paid a fine. It was totally worth it for the kill."

I have no intention of getting the guy in trouble, and from what he said this incident happened several years ago, but I just wanted to get it out there that sometimes, even seemingly good-natured church-going people see no problem with breaking multiple laws and essentially torturing an animal for a half-hour before killing it execution-style.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm all for hunting, great way to get fresh meat, relaxing, spending time with friends n family, and shooting guns, but torturing animals like that is just horrible.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Shot twenty times with steel shot? Bet the meat was magnetic. :doh::doh:

(That is- if he even bothered to use steel shot on his duck hunting trip.:o)

KingofMars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Slidell
    That guy gives respectable hunters a bad name and he has passed it on to his kid.They both need to go the Hunter Safety Course,they seemed to have missed the not hunting out of season class.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    FWIW my uncle has dropped hogs with #2 steel at ~20 yards.

But this scenario is completely different and I'd never take a shot at a deer with birdshot.

joshuades

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    That guy gives respectable hunters a bad name and he has passed it on to his kid.They both need to go the Hunter Safety Course,they seemed to have missed the not hunting out of season class.
    I think I'd have to pass on considering him a hunter...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He's a pretty decent guy. Working man with a wife and 3 kids, active in his church, etc. ...even seemingly good-natured church-going people see no problem with breaking multiple laws and essentially torturing an animal for a half-hour before killing it execution-style.

Serioulsy!:eek4:

Who ever said religion is the dividing line between good & bad, or legal & illegal? Some of the biggest hypocrits I ever met went to church on Sunday.;)

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Sounds like a piece of trash. When people say stupid **** like that I immediately correct them and tell them if they ever do it around me I will call my cousin and have them arrested. He is FWC LE. It isn't funny and I think you should make it known that is unacceptable behavior and represents hunters and shooters very poorly. So he can wipe that dumb ass grin off his face when he is bragging about his idiotic behavior.

Last edited:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Why is everyone freaking out? Other than the laws he broke (of course), it seems as though the torture & execution style killing is what has everyone stirred up. Not taking up for the guy, but he could’ve taken a shot at the deer, wounded it & left it to die a terrible death. Maybe even eaten alive by coyotes. The way I see it, at least the guy chased it down @ killed it. Again the guy is ABSOLUTELY wrong for shooting deer w/o license, from a boat under power, blah blah. But I have wounded deer before and walked up to them & put one in the head to finish off. Hell, half the deer I shoot is execution style…. I will take a head shot over any other shot if I can. Just look @ my screen name, LOL!

After reading some of these comments I would have thought he tied the deer up & beat it with a bull whip, tarred & feathered it, pulled it’s fingernails off, then put it on its knees & shot it in the back of the head

I DO HATE OUTLAWS BTW

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Why is everyone freaking out? Other than the laws he broke (of course), it seems as though the torture & execution style killing is what has everyone stirred up. Not taking up for the guy, but he could’ve taken a shot at the deer, wounded it & left it to die a terrible death. Maybe even eaten alive by coyotes. The way I see it, at least the guy chased it down @ killed it. Again the guy is ABSOLUTELY wrong for shooting deer w/o license, from a boat under power, blah blah. But I have wounded deer before and walked up to them & put one in the head to finish off. Hell, half the deer I shoot is execution style…. I will take a head shot over any other shot if I can. Just look @ my screen name, LOL!

After reading some of these comments I would have thought he tied the deer up & beat it with a bull whip, tarred & feathered it, pulled it’s fingernails off, then put it on its knees & shot it in the back of the head

I DO HATE OUTLAWS BTW

I think you may be partially referring to my comment below.... which I was trying to be sarcastic in. I think saying he killed her "execution style" sounds like something that would be written by the media, so I was poking fun at it.

I can't believe he shot her EXECUTION STYLE!!!:mad:

No one is upset because he wounded a deer... everyone's upset because he chose to shoot a deer with birdshot, which is just about guaranteed to wound the animal.

Top Bottom