Marlin lever gun production being shut down

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Remington is stopping all Marlin lever gun production for the remainder of this year to try and sort out the QC issues they have been having. It's a good thing if the problems get solved, but if you been wantin a new Remlin lever gun you better hurry.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    This very well may be the end of Marlin as we know it. They may return like Winchester...expensive, made overseas, very few models. If you been wantin one, I'm tellin you better get it now.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Maybe I'll have a good chance of selling my 3030 lever then. Planned on listing tonight or tomorrow

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

cottonmouth

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    Well the newer models may be having problems but I love my old Marlin lever 30-30. It was the only gun my grandpa would ever use for deer, and he refused to put a scope on it..said it was like cheating. But he killed his limit every year with it right up until he was in his 80's. I know the gun is a lot older than me and still shoots great but I don't have it with me at the moment to look up a model number or anything. Sorry to hear that they've let the quality go down hill like that. He'd sure be disappointed.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    as long as they keep making the model 60 .22's. Those are the toughest most acurate cheap little guns. They world would tuely be a worse off place without the model 60's.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Any link to story? All I'm finding are unsubstantiated rumors. I'm not saying it isn't true, but it's only "word of mouth" right now, so I have to question it.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    You're saying people should run out and buy guns that have such bad quality control they are shutting the factory down? :eh:
    They are having allot if issues. Strangely though all of them can be seen with the naked eye which makes it strange their having trouble fixing them. Things like misaligned barrels, canted sights, poor fit and finish. As long as you know what to look for you should have no problem finding a new one shelves that is good to go. Just don't buy one without seeing it first.
    Not all of them are bad.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Any link to story? All I'm finding are unsubstantiated rumors. I'm not saying it isn't true, but it's only "word of mouth" right now, so I have to question it.
    From the info I have read on marlinowners is that there have been dealers that have been getting letters from Freedom Group (owners of dam near every US gun manufacturer) stating they are shutting it down. But no, they have not said anything publicly that I know of.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member