Home Defense Foundation of New Orleans
Jouette Computer Services

Thread: Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range

Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range

So I have the day off work tomorrow and I was planning on spending some time at the range, but it looks like my Southern Shooting Center is closed for repairs right now

Does anyone frequent the Terrebonne Parish Rifle Range? I'm looking for info about hours, fees, rules, etc., as well as how nice it tends to be and how welcoming they are to civilians. I can't find anything online other than the fact that it exists. I've never been there, but I know where it is.

Banned
    Lafourche Parish Sheriffs Range on 182 is the place to go... it's well built (not the cleanest), but it's much better and bigger than the Terrebonne range... $10 to shoot on the weekends only..

Quote Originally Posted by Russo View Post
    Lafourche Parish Sheriffs Range on 182 is the place to go... it's well built (not the cleanest), but it's much better and bigger than the Terrebonne range... $10 to shoot on the weekends only..
    Are they open on Fridays, or just Sat-Sun?

Marksman
    The only time I will ever go to the Terrebonne range is either on Mondays or Tuesdays, when the range officer is not there. The range officer is a dick IMO. After I finished building my AR I went there one weekend to sight it in. I shot 3 rounds and he told me to go pick it up because the range is not for assult rifles it is for sighting in hunting rifles. Maybe it's because I like shooting and I'm young (24), but every time I go he always gives me crap.

There are no fees at the Terrebonne range. You have to sign a paper saying that you read and understand the range's rules and they give you a card. Hours are 8am -3:30/4pm everyday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by olivs260 View Post
    Are they open on Fridays, or just Sat-Sun?
    civilian use on weekends only

I havn't been there in about 2 years and went there Monday. There was a really nice lady working there I will have to spend more time there.

Marksman
    That's where I've been going. Haven't had any problems there. They've been very helpful. Can't beat the price.

I called the Lafourche Parish range yesterday, and they confirmed that they are in fact open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I'll be heading that way this morning

On Target
    Here's another vote for the Lafourche Parish range. I've been going there for years. Nice RSO's and ranges...

he told me to go pick it up because the range is not for assult rifles it is for sighting in hunting rifles..... and why not call the dispatch or the supv. on shift and make a formal complaint for harassment !!!!!

unskilled labor expert Abh3vol.firemen's Avatar
    lafourche range has $100 1 year memberships as well as family plans i shoot for free as a fire fighter

That Guy
    Anyone know if the range in Terrebonne allows shotgun? Lafourche doesnt currently have any shotgun range setup. Or at least the didnt two saturdays ago.

Give them a call.

Banned
    also, the Lafourche range is open Wed-Sun for civilians now
    Last edited by Russo; November 12th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russo View Post
    also, the Lafourche range is open Wed-Sun for civilians now
    Cool, I did not know that.

That Guy
    Shot at Terrebonne yesterday. They were kind enough to let me do shotgun drills on the pistol range so long as i didnt destroy the targets, which was fine as i just used the burm to the side.

Both times ive been there, they've been outstanding to deal with.