CAR Shooting Technique

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    pretty terrible idea IMO. So he shoots you while you're using l33t looking tactics, then you shoot yourself b/c you've got the muzzle right in front of your arm and heart.

I don't know much about tactics used in cars, but I don't like bullets crossing my vital organs.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Similar to what 10-8 teaches for their CQ carbine.
    Stock over shoulder hold.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    I guess i should have explained what CAR is. Some sort of "tactical" shooting style that is supposed to help the shooter focus on the front sight. As well as not presenting the weapon for a threat to grab. (?) It also is another form of shooting from retention. I have spoken with other shooters, who have different opinions as well. I have given the "high" method a try. As opposed to what I use now. Not much difference in time but it sure is a little hairy watching that slide cycle that close to your face.

Here is the Head of Sabre Tactical demonstrating his technique. Watch how the slide impacts his chest and causes an unexpexted failure. This is why I'm not too keen on it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm9xur0FScE[/ame]

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Is that chest hair I smell burnin'? Ouch! Not to mention getting your shirt pinned in your slide!

Car shooting technique? shoot the pimped out car first! Bonus points if you can make the rims spin!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Car shooting technique? shoot the pimped out car first! Bonus points if you can make the rims spin!
    hmihqud8myjslvzl7ryh.gif

:mamoru:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Paul Castle, the founder/'creator' of the CAR system is a former Brit cop who is a very slick salesman.

If you do a bit of historical digging, you'll find that the 'CAR' structure first came into use with the French GIGN counter-terror guys when dealing with tubular problems [ie commercial aircraft].

Castle likes to pretend that he has a complete and integrated self defense system which sprung from his crosstraining with various LEO/mil orgs in the UK and Europe. Much of his history is suspect.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Thanks for the input guys. Speedlace and LACamper yours especially!!:rofl:

I figured if I asked somebody would have a little background on Paul Castle. I appreciate the info from Paul Gomez. Just proves that if some "new" technique is being pushed,some will pay the piper. I did give this particular technique a try. I could see using this while actually shooting out of a car,(no pun intended) but the way it is described, it is the only way to shoot.

So I guess we'll see the new tactical schools teaching the C.A.R technique and the Risk Inc. shooting styles.:confused:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Interesting.

Yet another reason why one should thoroughly check out the pedigree of an "instructor" before paying any money. There are a lot of guys that drove a truck in Iraq for KBR who now run "shooting schools", with all their vast combat experience for hire. This clown is obviously trying to cash in on the... oh, never mind.

One bright spot... perhaps the homies will seize upon this, as they have seized upon the Israeli technique.

That's where holding the pistol sideways came from. The Jews carry in Condition Three, and they developed the habit of rotating the pistol ninely degrees while racking the slide. The theory is that this is easier and quicker under stress... perhaps.

But they go back to a conventional upright grip once the round has been chambered. The gangstas, surprising no one, only got it half right. If they get this one half right, who knows what appendages could be shot off??? :D

Then you're gonna just love this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_1-I1HcE8[/ame]

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Car

Anytime I see C.A.R come up on any of the boards I frequent I give the same response. C.A.R. is a carnival trick sold by a carnival trickster. Point shooting is booty. Front Sight, Squeeze. Thats all ya gotta learn people.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom