To my dear friend Scooter Pooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    HA HA

Not that kind of post.

Help me out with NRA AP. I would like to shoot that game and you know my style. Big, fancy, and with all kinds of gadgets hanging off of it.

Is the standard equipment in open a SS gun? Where do you get shrouds and mover bases? Who makes the red dots with the target outline?

Tell me everything I need to know.

Anyone may feel free to chime in, Scooter is just the only one that I know of who shoots this game.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Jeffy, this is what I'll be shooting
    te198zocb91a22c78no.jpg

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    There's not nearly enough gadgets on that one. It would require more skill that I have at my disposal. I would rather buy my advantages.

Is 38 Super kind of standard for open pistols?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    From what I've seen, a single stack super with a shroud, wings, and a good tube scope are the norm. Bullet weight isn't as much a factor as velocity. 1000fps is just about right if you want to use the scoring rings as your lead indicator on the mover.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    My Google-fu isn't very strong apparently. I know that I have seen someone post a picture of the tombstone reticle that was made for bianchi but I couldn't find one anywhere.

All I saw in the way of scopes were aimpoint comp m3's and cheapo tasco scopes. It seemed like there were a few who recommended leupold, but I couldn't find anything on their site that looked remotely like a bianchi sight.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Last edited:

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Scooter I had a very similar revo for PPC. Mine was also a Clark Custom, but it didn't have the underlug. It needed the underlug!

Jeff you're not a 6 gun GM yet. I figured you'd at least show Brister it's no big deal to attain that before you took up another shooting sport! :chuckles:

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I showed Brister what is up at the last Winnsboro match. HAHA

I have had the pleasure of shooting with Johnny a few times and he is one of the nicest guys out there and he has gone out of his way to help me and others in his squad. Besides that, he is an excellent shooter. I will settle for 6-B at this point.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I hate that I missed the last WGC match, but I was in MO shooting the Ozark 3 gun.

I saw that Brister was at the WGC match, and if I recall from the scores you did do very well against him!

From what I've seen of NRA AP, I'm still trying to find where all the "action" is. At least compared to USPSA.

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    I had to throw my two cents worth in after reading the posts. I have to smile watching Jeff in his shooting ventures. He goes to a new gun and class just as he is shooting good with the current one. I though I was the best at doing this but I think he may have me covered. Jeff has a lot of talent but to make GM it may take more time on one gun. Johnny and Bernie were shooting head shots only at the Winnsboro match trying to prepare for the World Shoot. In saying this not taking anything away from Jeff, he still won the match. Thanks to all that have come to Winnsboro and hope to see everyone back.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Little Jeffy...

Here is what you are in search for:

bianchi2.jpg

If you choose to NOT shoot a revolver, you can shoot a single stack 9mm or 38 super.
    1st thing you need would need is the shroud itself, like this:
    A02B00.jpg

It's still being made by Caspian Arms, you can get it with and without the holes..

Scopes, go with what Donnie said. I have an old Tasco pdp5 (back when they made quality scopes)..

Have fun

oh yeah, if you want to go the glock way?

SJC%20Conv%20Compensator%20Mount.JPG

Top Bottom