Will Hayden-RJF article in Army Times

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I got off work this morning and I stopped at the mailbox before pulling in the driveway. Got a letter from State Farm about nothing important, a big card advert for some cable service I don't want and my latest copy of Army Times. Whoot. I like my weekly Army Times fix. Then I look at it and there on the front page is a photo of Will and the title TV's hottest gun show. He's got an interview in the Off Duty section of this week's issue.
    So I took it in, decided I would tell all my fellow Bayou Shooter readers and add a photo to my post. I put the Army Times on my table and glammed it up with my Bersa Thunder .380 and my Taser C2 since I had both on my belt.
    So here it is in all it's glory....
    rjfarmytimes.jpg

Don't get Army Times but want to see the article? Just click this-> http://www.armytimes.com/entertainment/tv/offduty-sons-of-guns-091511/
    Enjoy and congrats to Will and the staff of RJF on their success.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i love the part about them editing the show so that even people with no firearm experience will understand it and explaining the same thing 3 times for 3 different kinds of audiences. maybe some of the retards at arfcom and other forums will read this and finally stfu

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    i love the part about them editing the show so that even people with no firearm experience will understand it and explaining the same thing 3 times for 3 different kinds of audiences. maybe some of the retards at arfcom and other forums will read this and finally stfu
    That'll never happen . Every episode brings another round of RJF hate threads .

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Hope for some longer and clearer info on NFA stuff...seems like theres always some one asking how customers walk in and buy FA weapons and take them home

No...theres a lot more to it than that...mostly waiting

Lots of bad info goes around, it would be better if Will did a few short infomercials on the process

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I got off work this morning and I stopped at the mailbox before pulling in the driveway. Got a letter from State Farm about nothing important, a big card advert for some cable service I don't want and my latest copy of Army Times. Whoot. I like my weekly Army Times fix. Then I look at it and there on the front page is a photo of Will and the title TV's hottest gun show. He's got an interview in the Off Duty section of this week's issue.
    So I took it in, decided I would tell all my fellow Bayou Shooter readers and add a photo to my post. I put the Army Times on my table and glammed it up with my Bersa Thunder .380 and my Taser C2 since I had both on my belt.
    So here it is in all it's glory....
    rjfarmytimes.jpg

Don't get Army Times but want to see the article? Just click this-> http://www.armytimes.com/entertainment/tv/offduty-sons-of-guns-091511/
    Enjoy and congrats to Will and the staff of RJF on their success.

Great article, and what I can see by watching the show that Will doesn't, and couldn't possibly fake, is the deep appreciation and admiration for all the veterans. he served also but still thanks every one of the vets that make an appearance. I'm sure thats the real Will and as real as reality TV gets.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Great article, and what I can see by watching the show that Will doesn't, and couldn't possibly fake, is the deep appreciation and admiration for all the veterans. he served also but still thanks every one of the vets that make an appearance. I'm sure thats the real Will and as real as reality TV gets.

I've known Will before and after the start of the show.

He's another Former Marine and For real.

Silent Civilian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    Coushatta
    Hope for some longer and clearer info on NFA stuff...seems like theres always some one asking how customers walk in and buy FA weapons and take them home

No...theres a lot more to it than that...mostly waiting

Lots of bad info goes around, it would be better if Will did a few short infomercials on the process

But your average moron TV watcher doesn't care to see how to fill out paperwork. They want to see stuff go boom.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    But your average moron TV watcher doesn't care to see how to fill out paperwork. They want to see stuff go boom.

no problem, they won't have to read...he could make a 1 or 2 min info spot on each show explaining in very Cliff Note style, people who know I watch are asking me if thats for real, just buy and take home NFA stuff.

Maybe Kris and Steph could do it like a short video with rock music

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    That'll never happen . Every episode brings another round of RJF hate threads .
    ditto LOL that would require reading + comprehension + acknowledgment of the words that actually come out of my mouth . Much easier to look at the headline /watch 3 minutes , then hop on the ole keyboard and fill in the blanks with whatever with whatever viewpoint they already have .

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    That's ok... he's "Somewhere else" working.

Doesn't even have time to talk on the phone.
    As a rule , "yes" . 12-16 hours of the busiest days I've seen since First Phase . I keep looking for the yellow foot prints.....

johnnyb333

vermicious knid
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Mandeville, La
    I am still very new to this forum, but it seems there is a lot of RJF threads and talk etc. for the obvious reasons of their locality. I wasn’t sure which thread to put this in, but this one seemed appropriate. It seems like there is a lot of love and a lot of hate for RJF. Kinda a vibe out there of like Will and his crew “selling out” and how fake the show is etc. I think the main thing to look at it is before Will is a t.v. celebrity and before he is even a shop owner, he is a father. I know that as a father I would do anything to ensure my daughter has a great and well provided life for her. Also, running a restaurant as I do, I would do jump at the advertising opportunity of a reality show. I don’t care how “fake” it is, cause the money it will bring it would be very much real.
    Secondly, having been around the entertainment biz as I have, and having friends all around the different areas of entertainment, I doubt very much that Will has very much say as to what the next episode will be about. Reality tv is so full of fake moments but it kinda has to be. Discovery isn’t going to invest all the money they do ( which is a crap ton) into a tv show, hoping that something interesting will happen. But having said that, they did choose RJF for the show because they felt the “characters” that worked there would be entertaining to watch. They were “cast” for the role, as many other shops didn’t make the cut.
    I have never been to RJF but have friends who have and have heard many good things. A lot of the points I have made here have already been made, and some come from a place of speculation/common sense, but the main point that has been missed to me is that he is a father and he is doing one hell of a job looking out for his family. Will, anytime you read some haters messages, I would just look at my daughter and ask “are you happy with everything?” and if she says yes, then keep on a rolling with it.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    You just keep poking don't you. Oh, wait, thats what Kris is doing:dogkeke:
    my my my , aren't we just the gentlemen ? Well KZ45 , my name is Will Hayden , I'm at 9653 Mammoth most any day . Maybe I'll find that you're not such an ass in person . But I do doubt it . What the ****s wrong with you ? You want to **** with me ? have at it , leave my baby alone . ****ing keyboard commandos .

Top Bottom