Nice looking calls for sure.

http://www.ricelandcustomcalls.com/Home_Page.php

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ric...85170101524452

~Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man
    and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,
    never really care for anything else thereafter~ Ernest Hemingway

The Ultimate Consumer

Gold Member
    It has been my experience that these nice looking custom made calls are better for making your lanyard look nice. I am sure they will work but the best all around duck call I have ever used (literally hundreds and hundreds of ducks in around the marshes of Southeast Louisiana primarily), is the basic model Duck Commander. Also, I have used an old Faulks for decades and can call gray ducks in on the last day of the season from a mile away.

I keep 4 calls on my lanyard, Duck Commander, Faulks, Pintail Whistle, and Haydels Teal Bleat. Basic duck death with basic duck calls. I have some of the fancy customs too, but they never see the light of day in duck battle.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    "Beware; the lame duck pretender!"

Mary Landrieu: Her Louisiana constituents said "No!" The party line she did tow! This ideological zombie's got to go!

Gold Member
    Yea I'm a DC fan too. I have "Ol'Raspy", Wood Duck, Teal, 6-1 Whistle, M. Drake, AP Max, Brown Sugar and about to order the Triple Threat.

I like Haydel's XL Spec Call and their Wood Duck Male whistle only.

However I don't have any nice wooden calls. Just wondering since it's LA Made and they look nice.

A buddy of mine got a speck call from them for this season. It is nice! sharp, crisp tone the only hard part he had was you have to cup it diff because it is a larger opening than he was used to but once you get the feel for it... nice!

I should add that at the end of the season, the guts fell out.... call was together still but the guts slid right out.... it is being shipped back for repair/replace.

Gold Member
    Well I actually went and met Bill at his house last night to pick up a Poly Speck Call. I liked the Honey Color so picked it.

It is very nice. The benefit of having a large bore call like this is Crisp HIGH Volume and the ability to raise and lower pitch with finger adjustment all the way down to the low Grunt Style of calling.

The Chien Caille type calls are fantastic calls too and easy to blow but they offer little in the way of adjusting pitch so that's why I chose to go the Big Bore Riceland Custom route.

It will take a while to grab the call the same way every time but eventually muscle memory will catch up. So far it's sounds fantastic. I've got a 30 minute ride one way to and from work so I've got plenty of time to practice. You'd not want to be in the vehicle with me Speck calling in vehicle with windows rolled up is almost like gunfire in a vehicle LOL!