Gun Haven Ranch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jfallin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Ruston, LA
    Does anyone on here have any info on Gun Have Ranch in Ruston? I have looked at their website, but any
    Member feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am really looking for a club in the Ruston area to get into that may be affiliated with USPSA or IDPA.

Thanks in advance
    Jared

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Welcome to the forum Jfallin! I'm in Ruston, too. I keep meaning to go to Gun Haven and check it out. I have heard that its a really nice place, but I have also heard that the required membership is kinda pricey. That's just hear-say, though. I drive to West Monroe and shoot at the free range. If you ever want to go shoot, just shoot me a PM.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    RGC is not affiliated with USPSA IDPA that i know of. the facilities are very nice, and focused more towards long rane rifle. there is a small shotgun trap, and a pistol range. Range yardages: 100, 200, 500, pistol. When i get my membership, ill take you out if you want to see the facilities

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I have been contemplating that place too. But every time I get some money saved up, I buy a gun or go to a gun class...

Vartarg

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Monroe La
    Visited there...

I live in Monroe and a couple of years ago the local sheriff's range in West Monroe was temporarily closed. I made an appointment and drove over to Gun Haven to look it over. The gentleman who met me there was very nice and helpful, and I'm sure they're a bunch of great guys.

First, it's several miles outside of Ruston, north and west of the town, down a series of two lane state highways.

The facilities are scattered over a fairly large area, and the longer range rifle range wasn't completed at the time. In my opinion, the price was completely out of line for the facilities they have. From a "club" standpoint, the range is not in any way "top of the line", or even middle of the line, yet there was a $500 to join, and $500 a year in dues (these are ballpark, and I could be off). In looking at the website, and the price, I went prepared to be impressed. Not.

IF I lived in Ruston and had some extra money, I might consider it, but otherwise I had no interest. I also belong to the Prince range near Pioneer LA....we have 600 yard matches, pistol and small caliber matches, and trap. We pay $125 per year, or it's open to the public for guests at $10 a day.

I don't mean to bash the place, but as you can tell, I wasn't impressed.

George

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Gunhaven is no longer. The guy that was running it got ousted and they have gone back to the old ways. The new president is the biggest ass on the face of the earth. I will never set foot on those grounds again.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    couple of my buddies were talkin gun clubs over beers yesterday. they thoroughly trashed this place. im looking for a hunting/gun club as well anywhere within a few hours drive.

Top Bottom