best kind of bunny rabbit for pets?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    3, 5, and 7 year old girls. im thinking of buying them one each. is a rabbit a rabbit? or are some breeds better as pets than others? i think this is a good idea and if they don't clean their room i'll threaten to cook them rabbits lol.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Our new zealand females are actually really personable. They stay outside all the time,but are considered meat though. Fixing to start breeding them next weekend.

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Our new zealand females are actually really personable. They stay outside all the time,but are considered meat though. Fixing to start breeding them next weekend.

Keep me in mind if you breed to sell

OP:
    I have a white lion head if you want to buy just one (I bought it from neighbor that was moving, just to help them out)

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I had a floppy eared male when I was younger. It was my mothers response to "let's get a dog."

It lived inside the first half of it's life until we discovered my grandfather was allergic to it.

They are much more intelligent than I would have ever guessed, we had it trained to roll over and jump by verbal command (I think it oculd do some other stuff but I cannot recall). It was potty trained but occasionally you would find a little round turd somewhere, I think they just pop out.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I had a floppy eared male when I was younger. It was my mothers response to "let's get a dog."

It lived inside the first half of it's life until we discovered my grandfather was allergic to it.

They are much more intelligent than I would have ever guessed, we had it trained to roll over and jump by verbal command (I think it oculd do some other stuff but I cannot recall). It was potty trained but occasionally you would find a little round turd somewhere, I think they just pop out.

I've always wanted an indoor bunny. But with a very lethal outside cat that likes to come in during cold nights and loud thunder storms.... That might not be the best idea ever.

Plus, I'm not sure how I'd feel about the boy squeezing poop balls out of his pet at will. :D

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    my ex had an angora

very lovable bunny

Y4QPS.jpg

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've always wanted an indoor bunny. But with a very lethal outside cat that likes to come in during cold nights and loud thunder storms.... That might not be the best idea ever.

Plus, I'm not sure how I'd feel about the boy squeezing poop balls out of his pet at will. :D

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    We had a Rex tha was really smart. Got it litter trained in 3 months. It loved to be petted and held. It would also throw temper tantrums if we didnt let it out. Our roomie has a Netherlands dwarf, it's more like a wild rabbit in the house.
    If you are going to get them as indoor pets start young, otherwise you might not get them friendly.
    Also there's a website (house rabbit) or some such that is verry good.

Cubsfan

Holy Cow!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Gretna, LA
    There are some rabbits that work out OK for pets but as a rule they are high maintenance to keep them friendly. They usually are not snuggle animals and many people don't understand that. I would suggest pet rats or guinea pigs. Lots of personality, not usually biters, and like personal attention. A lot of people turn up their noses at pet rats but few pets can be as fun and affectionate.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    +1 on the rabbits being high maintenance.

Plus unless you catch and train them very early they will chew any electrical cord they can get their teeth on.

A ferret would have enough energy for 3girls. Just think of it as a lil puppy on crack, but easily potty trained.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    The maintenance with a a rabbit is kinda high. They use the bathroom on wood chips (at least mine did) which is a pain to clean out of the pan and their urine smells like death.

The cat I foolishly adopted is probably the easiest thing to take care of, make sure there is food and water and skoop the shitter every few days. That and it sleeps most the time.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    We use paper pellets litter, it works great. Also they sell stuff you add to the water and it gets rid of all the smell. They sell it at pet shops.

Top Bottom