best kind of bunny rabbit for pets?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Don't know about 3, 5 and 7 year old girls but I know 43 year old boys like this kind......

0239493755085.jpg

:bowrofl:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    We got our girls some female Dwarf rabbits last year about this time. I highly recommend going to or at least calling A&E Rabbit Farm in LaPlace. They have a variety of breeds there and they are very helpful in answering questions and can steer you right in your selection....They know the temperment of the different breeds, if they get along with other pets, whether they like to be held and/or petted, etc. I cannot remember the young man who actually has the farm but when we bought ours he had just gotten accepted into Vet School at LSU. His Mom helps run the place when he is away at school. I was impressed with him because this farm was paying his way thru college--Southeastern-- at the time. Had no problem with us calling and asking questions post sale also. They can be found on the net under A&E rabbit farm.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Dutch rabbits are a good pet breed.. they are on the compact/small side, MUCH smaller than Californian or New Zealand, are docile and enjoy attention. They can be had in chocolate, steel grey, black and mixed. I kept Dutch rabbits for several years as a teen for 4H and enjoyed it, but as others have mentioned they are relatively high maintanence pets.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    3, 5, and 7 year old girls. im thinking of buying them one each. is a rabbit a rabbit? or are some breeds better as pets than others? i think this is a good idea and if they don't clean their room i'll threaten to cook them rabbits lol.

Since you'll probably end up eating them, make sure they're only a couple of weeks old. They stand a better chance of still being melt-in-your-mouth tender when the kids lose interest and it's time to act. :)

BTW- We had some fried rabbit a while back that I swear was the best I ever had. We de-boned it and ran it through a meat grinder- just like backstrap. I'm telling you......:heart:
    (It was a new way to cook it for me, anyway. We usually leave it on the bone.)

Trust me- It's worth picking up a few extra....:bigok::bigok:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I had a french lopped ear. He was a great pet. If you get them fixed the pee doesn't smell too bad and no worries about turning into a bunny farm. There's a rabbit adoption org somewhere around here. Call Dr. Rich in Metairie the can give you more info

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Thursday through Saturday is Rabbit Festival Week in Iowa, La. The festival is sponsored by the Acadiana Area Rabbit Breeders Association. There's gonna be lots of bunny shows and a bunny cookoff...yumm. You'll definitely find answers to all of your questions at this festival.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Thursday through Saturday is Rabbit Festival Week in Iowa, La. The festival is sponsored by the Acadiana Area Rabbit Breeders Association. There's gonna be lots of bunny shows and a bunny cookoff...yumm. You'll definitely find answers to all of your questions at this festival.
    dang wish it was closer. Thanks for the info

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom