He won't shut up

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    God bless him, I love our son but some days more than others I count down the minutes until he falls asleep.

We're watching Happy Feet. It has been a barrage of nonstop chatter. That's not so bad if I could occasionally offer an "uh huh", "that's awesome man", "oh wow", "okay" and so forth.

Oh no. That's too easy. He needs a thoughtful, full on paragraph sized response. Full blown conversation.

Fun the first time through the movie. Eyeball piercing the second run through.

It's been two hours of sleep since yesterday morning. I'm exhausted and can't keep up anymore.

Last edited:

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    :rofl: When I was young, according to my mother, I was a PITA. That's not how I remember it. Halos come to mind. :D One of her favorite things to say when she was really frustrated with me, "When you grow up I hope you have a son, and I hope he's just like you" :rofl: Bless her heart.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My mother wished that on me too. But I have to give her great big kudos because she has never reveled in my misery when dealing with an extremely volatile, overly hormonal, self destructive thirteen year old. She's actually been quite sympathetic. She reminds me she has "been there" (Gee, thanks Mom) and has actually suggested things differently than I remember her doing. She has passed on her lessons and parental growing experiences.

She still drives me crazy, but she's always up to listening to me vent over her granddaughter. ;)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Ah yes, I fondly remember when I could simply read a book and my son would quietly listen. Now every square millimeter of every picture and every word has to be analyzed and discussed. What used to take 20 minutes now takes an hour. Typically I'm impressed and fascinated by his thought processes, but yeah...I've definitely had a few of "those" nights.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    He's five. He can't read that well yet or else I would have put him in front of the LOLcats.
    I do that already with my son (5), sometimes. I'll sit him on my lap and we'll go through some goofy lolcat pics or something. He just gets a KICK out of the goofy expressions and funny things. He don't give a crap that he's missing the 'real' punchline.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My six year old daughter is the same way. Some days I just wanna curl into a fetal position. I'm a complete introvert and if I could go all day without talking, I consider it a good day.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    He just needs to find some people like you, that understands what he is talking about, you need to steer him in the right direction, DAD
    God bless him, I love our son but some days more than others I count down the minutes until he falls asleep.

We're watching Happy Feet. It has been a barrage of nonstop chatter. That's not so bad if I could occasionally offer an "uh huh", "that's awesome man", "oh wow", "okay" and so forth.

Oh no. That's too easy. He needs a thoughtful, full on paragraph sized response. Full blown conversation.

Fun the first time through the movie. Eyeball piercing the second run through.

It's been two hours of sleep since yesterday morning. I'm exhausted and can't keep up anymore.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    :eh:He is only five ya know. Whatcha got against five year olds, they are people to, ain't that right? Now you might think he is just running his mouth but no, its not called jabbering but you know he should show pictures to. He could paint them and post them all over the walls just so you won't forget that Saturday is cartoon day on local networks but really you can watch them all the time on on cable or satellite. What do you have cable or satellite? I have both, that's right one for on the road and one for home. Did you ever notice how many satellite dishes there are on motorhomes? I have and I tell you what the reception isn't good until you stop although you can buy models that will pick up while moving I drive I don't want that. Did you ever think you want that? I haven't. I bet you don't watch cartoons anyway, you watch the news, right? Right? I watch the news a lot and I see all kinds of stuff like the commercials for coco puffs, frosted flakes (their great) and Flo. I actually think that one professor guy that dreamed of camping with Flo must be very very lonely. I think he could do better, do you? Uh oh 6:50 gotta go. Hope you enjoyed the warm up!:chuckles:

Last edited:

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    I wonder where he gets that from. Next thing you know, he will be posting about the new bathroom in his treehouse, how much his imaginary friends talk, and all sorts of fun stuff on a gun forum.:eek3:

Top Bottom