DVD Copy Protection...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    first of all...no, i'm not looking to crack DVDs. Dispel that thought right now.

I'm looking to *gasp* add copy protection to a DVD. Anyone done this? We just made a video (my 2nd job) for a piece of equipment and one of the requests is that the DVDs be copy protected. Since i'm not the one doing the editing and have little access to the program (final cut pro x) I don't know if copy protection is available when you're writing the dvd.

I did some general look up, but i'm still confused. Is it always 3rd party software to add the protection? Wouldn't Final Cut offer something like that in the settings?

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just as an FYI whether or not you have copyright protection or not it can be copied, I do it all the time. No it is not illegal to make a copy of a legally owned DVD.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    I understand that. It's basically the same reason we use locks, so honest folks don't get too curious.

Oddly enough, the digging I did last night led nowhere, but just after posting this, I guess I was spelling dvd wrong or something because I just did a quick search and found 12 programs to add copy protection.

Just makes me mad why a program like final cut pro wouldn't offer something as basic as that.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It's possible, but requires very expensive software and licenses.

Such as - http://www.rovicorp.com/products/distribution/content-production-tools.htm

It's around $2,000 and the "protection" can be bypassed.

If the major movie companies (worth billions) can't prevent people from copying their DVD's, nobody can.

This. There is free software readily available online that will allow copying of "protected" DVDs. It's just an added expense and won't do anything to prevent piracy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom