TWIC cards

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hankjr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have taken one of the Concealed carry courses recently and seriously considering applying for a ccw permit. I've been doing alot of research on concealed carry to insure that it is indeed what I want to do.....especially knowing that I can legally open carry. One aspect that I have not found Any info about is TWIC cards in relation to concealed carry. With that said, here is my issue and question. I work for a chemical plant and I'm required to get a TWIC card as a condition of employment. My TWIC must be renewed near the end of this year. Have any of you run into or heard of any issues of a TWIC card being denied/revoked as a result of getting a ccw permit? I can't imagine that there would be an issue if you have a permit, but would like to confirm this as best I can as this job provides a good living for my family and I.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I don't know what a TWIC card is, but it sounds like a security clearance of some kind. If they deny you one kind of security clearance just because you passed a different kind of security clearance/background check, then sue the hell out of them and retire early. just my uninformed opinion.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    There's plenty of guys on here who work offshore and posses both a TWIC card and CCW permit without issue....

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I have a TWIC card and had no problem with getting it even though I have a CHP.
    Get the CHP. Don't worry about it messing with your TWIC. It's not an issue.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have a TWIC and a CCW and never had a problem. TWIC had nothing to do with a CCW, If you can't get a TWIC you probably can't get a CCW either. You can't carry your gun inside a plant, but you can keep it in your locked vehicle in a publicly accessible parking lot.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have both and I haven't had any issues. They are background checks, not "other form of ID checks."

G

gunguy11

I have a TWIC and a CCW and never had a problem. TWIC had nothing to do with a CCW, If you can't get a TWIC you probably can't get a CCW either. You can't carry your gun inside a plant, but you can keep it in your locked vehicle in a publicly accessible parking lot.
    I wish I could find the black and white writing for this. The plant I go in for my dad's company tells us the firearm is not allowed period! Even in the contractor Parkin lot which is public; I assume because no form of ID or security is necessary to park here.

G

gunguy11

I've been put on a 5 day hold every trip to the gunstore since passing my federal background check for my TWIC card :( Never before.

g

I am also worries out this. I was told that sometimes after you get a TWIC card you can experience a delay when purchasing a new firearm. Your story is not the first I have heard of this and hope it doesn't happen to me.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    They both are sort of a back ground check, but actually the twic is a Transportation workers ID card, for the areas that are covered by maritime security.. they actually are another form of ID that does work in airports as well, since its a federal ID.

the twic is actually tougher to qualify for and it should not be a problem to have both ever.. the CCP is just making sure you are not a bad guy, the twic goes into some past and is really a 2/3 secret clearance.

You should have no worries and the CCP is the better thing to have than to just open carry...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom