RJF Ruger 10/22 bullpup stock--->Ps90/Magpul PDR look alike

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    well, is it gonna be just another cheap feeling bullpup stock made for this weapon?

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/in...ategory_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=19

Red_Jacket_ZK22__4f9206156be23.jpg

zk22%202%20resized.jpg

Last edited:

LEAD-RAIN

iShoot
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Houma, LA
    It looked pretty well built, with plenty of ribbing for support, but really its all about how solidly the barrelled receiver is mounted, this is my 10 22, I think it looks a little like a PS90 lol, and its very fun too
    photo1.jpg

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Not really trying to **** in your Cheerios, but I thought it more favors the PDR than the P90...or, maybe a mixture of both. Either way, when I saw it on the episode, I was hoping they'd put it in production. Now, I just need to get a 10/22...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magpul_PDR

ETA: this was meant for the OP pics. The second post definitely looks like a P90.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I've shot the prototype, and, while I don't like bull pups... It didn't feel like a cheap POS.
    Trigger was actually surprisingly good.

Didn't like the charging handle, but that's personal preference. I like bolt handles.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Yeah, I hate to admit it, but the first time I even heard of the PDR, by that name, was tonight. I just knew the body looked like the PDW-R from Battlefield 3, so I looked up what ACTUAL gun that was.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Funny....after I watched the episode, I went to the website and tried to order one. $229 for the stock right now. I don't think that's bad being the other stock set I was considering at the moment was over $300.

anyways, I break out the credit card and start going through the order process....I stopped cold at the shipping. (tax was a nasty surprise as well. I'm not accustomed to paying tax on internet orders :D )

$45 to ship from Baton Rouge!!! TO LAFAYETTE. there was no option in the shipping menu for a local pick up. I'll be waiting for a reply to my email asking about that. Like I told a guy at the gun shop recently, "I don't mind spending a bit extra at a local store, but I REFUSE to get ripped off."

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Funny....after I watched the episode, I went to the website and tried to order one. $229 for the stock right now. I don't think that's bad being the other stock set I was considering at the moment was over $300.

anyways, I break out the credit card and start going through the order process....I stopped cold at the shipping. (tax was a nasty surprise as well. I'm not accustomed to paying tax on internet orders :D )

$45 to ship from Baton Rouge!!! TO LAFAYETTE. there was no option in the shipping menu for a local pick up. I'll be waiting for a reply to my email asking about that. Like I told a guy at the gun shop recently, "I don't mind spending a bit extra at a local store, but I REFUSE to get ripped off."

There is no way I would pay $45 for shipping.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You could to BR, get dinner, and drive home with the stock for $45.

I don't own any bull pup rifles or shotguns anymore. But I used to have a real fascination with them. Maybe b/c every action movie made during the 1980's that was set in the future used bull pups?

Dave

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    You could to BR, get dinner, and drive home with the stock for $45.
    Dave

exactly!!

My next 1022 build was going to be a GI issue "tommy gun".....but I really liked the gun on the show....the huge appeal for me is that they observed the P90 was too small, so they lengthened their stock a bit. I may be mistaken, but with a standard ruger or aftermarket barrel, only a couple of inches will stick out of the stock. Unlike a non-sbr P90....those just look stupid with 10" of barrel poking out the end. And if you sbr it, it's only slightly better than a 22wmr with super expensive ammo. 50rnd mag is a plus, but I'm getting off track...

Point is that If red jacket will not let me pick it up, I ain't gonna buy it.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Since that's what they charge for shipping a WHOLE RIFLE anywhere in the country AND include a hard gun case...

Anybody wanta bet its a computer screw up and when I call Will in a couple minutes it gets fixed and refunded to people who ordered?

I understand the shipping policy, and quite honestly, it's very reasonable, maybe even cheap for an entire rifle and a hard case. My issue is that pickup is mentioned in the FAQ, but it's not an option for a purchase. I'd be on my way there now if they'd answer my email or add a local pick up option to the shipping page. Why bother begging for a refund when it's easier to just not pay for something you're simply not going to use?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I understand the shipping policy, and quite honestly, it's very reasonable, maybe even cheap for an entire rifle and a hard case. My issue is that pickup is mentioned in the FAQ, but it's not an option for a purchase. I'd be on my way there now if they'd answer my email or add a local pick up option to the shipping page. Why bother begging for a refund when it's easier to just not pay for something you're simply not going to use?

I just called Will.

No begging for refunds required...

It was a screwup and will be fixed, refunds issued. Website should reflect real shipping shortly.

He's ALWAYS (even back when I worked for him in 2009) knocked off the shipping costs and invited local pick up.
    (buddy of mine did the other day)

I wouldn't drive there now as the website says per-order special.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    $299 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That seems a bit high for a plastic mold.You can do the same thing with a muzzlelite or a PRS
    Just a few mods and any gun will fit into the bullpup.I'm working on a 308 remy now..

Oh but wait,if it has the RJF stamp on it.Well there ya go.Its worth millions now:)

And nomad,still going to charge you tax.Ship it to me in tx and ill ship it to you fro $5 lol..

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Schweet!! Thanks Nomad! I'll keep checking back...

Was only halfway serious about the roadtrip this afternoon. I wasn't expecting it to be in stock. *pardon the pun* ;)

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    $299 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That seems a bit high for a plastic mold.You can do the same thing with a muzzlelite or a PRS
    Just a few mods and any gun will fit into the bullpup.I'm working on a 308 remy now..

Oh but wait,if it has the RJF stamp on it.Well there ya go.Its worth millions now:)

Not exactly.....but I'm gonna take one for the team on this. I'm not impressed with muzzlelite at all. I just got rid of one today as a matter of fact.

And this project will be less expensive than the one I was planning.

Say what you want, but you ain't gonna take the wind outta my sails!! :D

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Sail longggg and hard my friend..I see the wind on the horizon lol..

No I was just stating a point about mlte..Any bullpup right now is
    a good thing considering no one is capitalizing on the market.And
    this maybe the last year of any market for that any way.

With things like the draco and others being drowned out.Not sure
    what good ol 2013 with Obama is going to be like..HC passed.How
    much worse can it get,only time will tell.I know the army and marines
    are on full move in USA.Went about 400 miles couple days ago.Seen
    many ,many vehicles.Looks like a serious lock down or something of
    some kind.Ive traveled many days as I'm sure others have and I can
    say by far,this is the most military vehicles I have ever seen in 50
    years.This all within the last 2 months..WTHHHH man !!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom