Introduction to Defensive Knife / Defensive Pistol - FREE CLASS.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Introduction to Defensive Knife / Defensive Pistol.

Sunday, 20 May 2012, 9:00-5:00.

LOCATION: Indoor Range New Orleans Metro Area. Will send address to persons on list.

WHO: SR-NOLA (knife), NOLACOPUSMC (pistol)

NOLACOPUSMC has offered free use of his indoor range / training facility to conduct this beginner defensive skills workshop.

There will be NO fees for this training. Just bring yourself, pistol, ammo, gear, and lunch (see gear list).

Training will consist of defensive knife skills for the first half of the day, then after lunch switch over to pistol training.

Please PM me and get on the class list. There are 12 spots available. First come First served.

Gear List:

Please bring the following:
    Training folder (if you have one), if you don't have one let me know... I have some loaners.
    Functional Pistol, Backup Pistol if you want.
    Functional Magazines (2 minimum)
    100 Rounds Quality Ammo
    Pistol cleaning gear, tools, any additional range kit you use.
    Eye protection (clear or suitable for indoor),
    Ear protection (electronic preferred)
    Arm guard (ACE style bandage or neoprene calf supports from Academy)...this is a must have, your forearm will take a beating!
    Trainer pistol (red gun blue gun), holster, gun belt, magazine pouches (ALL OPTIONAL)
    Appropriate clothing for training (t shirt, athletic shoes, etc) we will work on mats so we train in socks, mat shoes, barefooted, etc.
    We will be grappling for the knife training portion, athletic supporter recommended.
    Personal Hygiene strongly recommended.
    Hydration
    Towel
    Lunch and snacks
    Open Mind
    Good Attitude

Feel free to send any questions, if there is any gear that you dont have, let me know ahead of time.

Looking forward to training with you guys.

SR-NOLA

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    7 spots left....I will make a "reserve" list once it fills up if there are any last minute cancellations.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Class list is full. There may be a cancellation so, feel free to get on the waiting list, and I will send word if a cancellation happens.

Round count increased to 200 rounds.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Is Nolacopusmc, vern10mm, NickJames or whatever other alias he is using going to be there questioning the credentials of the class participants?[/QUOTE

This is a beginner class, so I do not expect there to be any credentials to question. As for any issues you may personally have with Nolacopusmc, those issues are beyond me and certainly have nothing to do with the training being presented.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Ok,
    I thought he was badgering another trainer asking about certifications, so it was ok and expected for people not interested in taking this class asking about his.

But, ok

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't know what was going on with all of that ******** but I took a NOLATAC course for my CCP and it was well taught. I would love to check out a knife training course so I sent a PM. I wish I was available for the 27th as well I would call myself Vern10mm and go to Vanilla Gorilla's course for free. His Ditch Medicine and Carbine course where top notch. VATA is also excellent. Honestly guys we have a ton of great options on this board and they should be utilized.

Last edited:

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I agree that there are tons of great options on this forum. I have not personally trained with Vanilla Gorilla, or the VATA folks, but have spoken with people whom I respect that have, and they have all stated that the instructors are locked on, and the training was top notch.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Apparently there was a disagreement on training on here before. :confused: Who gives a sh!t? Theres alot of people with different levels and types of training. All of them have something to offer. Some training may or may not be for you, but why bash ANYONE for their type of training. If you dont like the training they offer or the trainers themselves, then dont train with them. Even if you can take any small thing away from an entire day of training to add to your "tool box" of knowledge, then I think that was a good day.:D I personally, am looking forward to this and any other classes I can start to attend, with all types of different people. So if we want to b!tch about anyone, can we please start a thread titled "WWWAAAHHH" ?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom