How to register a Short Barrel Rifle in Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rgrdoc72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2014
    Ponchatoula LA
    Hey everyone, going to start building a AR 5.56mm SBR from the ground up so could some one get me on the right azimuth on what are all the hoops and flips I need to do to be legal. I'm new to the forum and I already know that is a great source of information.

Fat Andy

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm about to start an SBR project. Has anything changed since the original post?

Must get the receiver engraved in addition to the stamps it already has from the manufacturer?

And is Sheriff Jack Strain good on signing off on these?

Thanks.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Strain wont sign off on anything. You have to go the trust/llc route, or vote him out. He never has signed and has refused his own family members, at least he was consistent.

Cat Hearder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    2) Application To Register As Firearms Manufacturer
    3) Application To Register Firearm

OK, let's take it step by step.

2. Application To Register As Firearms Manufacturer is a Louisiana State Police form you can get here: http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chDealerReg.pdf Submit the form in duplicate.

3. Application To Register Firearm is again from the Louisiana State Police and you can get it here: http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chFirearmReg.pdf Submit this form in duplicate, too. You can send both applications in the same envelope at the same time. The address is at the top of the form. You'll get it back approved in two weeks or so.

Is this completely up to date as far as the Louisiana Steps?

I will be going the trust route and doing an e-file on form 1, but want to make sure I am all legal.
    If #2 is still required, how would you go about filling that out when using a trust?

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette

I will be going the trust route and doing an e-file on form 1, but want to make sure I am all legal.
    If #2 is still required, how would you go about filling that out when using a trust?

You do not have to register with the state any longer!

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA

Can we update the first post to reflect current state requirements?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You do not have to register with the state any longer!

Actually for individuals, you do not have to get ur local sheriff/chief of police to approve ur class 3 purchase any longer. You do have to notify them of your intent to purchase or build. A copy of ur Form 1 or 4 to the local LEO in charge. Its on the new form "local chief of police notified" box.

This now precludes ur local sheriff/police chief denying ur class 3 purchase, ownership, or build. A major improvement imo. Provided you meet all other requirements....

Ratnic

4E,65,77,62,69,65
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Duson, LA
    I cannot help with this matter, if I knew the procedure I would help.

Is anyone going to update the first post to reflect today's procedures and policies for current federal and state requirements?

If not, take this post down, I wasted about 2 hours reading through this to find out there is no information that follows what is going on today.

Thank you...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom