The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    Got screwed. I had mailed my finger prints. Started process early April. Got letter saying my prints were not acceptable today. I had got my payment email late September. I guess I'll have to drive to lsp to get prints done and wait some more.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Got screwed. I had mailed my finger prints. Started process early April. Got letter saying my prints were not acceptable today. I had got my payment email late September. I guess I'll have to drive to lsp to get prints done and wait some more.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Instructors should tell people that take their class the risk of not going to LSP

Mike Honcho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    First time applicant...
    Nov 21: Filled out online form
    Nov 22: Finger printed at LSP HQ in BR, received email that application had been accepted and that I needed to pay, payed fee online.
    Nov 28: Received email saying my application was APPROVED
    Dec 1: Received CHP by mail

10 days total. Based on some of the other posts on here, that sounds like it would be a record.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Sent in renewal October 29, mine expired November 29. Feels weird not carrying... Got the payment email today, so should be good to go next week!

Ricardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Handed in Packet Mid September
    Received permit in mail 1 December

Not as bad as I thought it would be. The rumors that they have hired more people to process applications must be true.

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Handed in Packet Mid September
    Received permit in mail 1 December

Not as bad as I thought it would be. The rumors that they have hired more people to process applications must be true.

Not true. New employee hiring has to go through paperwork/exams/etc., must be approved by civil service, and is a MAJOR pain in the ass; lots of crossed T's/dotted I's. But the Superintendent can control current employee work time, so that is what has been done... unlimited overtime until the CCW backlog is handled. Some of the BOI women- not Concealed Handgun Section gals- have been offered to work on week-ends until the backlog is handled. Things will start getting quicker real soon.

For those with no issues, that is. A lot of complaints about "Why so much time???", etc., are due to all sorts of stuff that people either don't realize or don't talk about; or don't finish/do properly what needs to be done.

FWIW, my wife is one of the top-level BOI leaders who will run this help-do-the-backlog program, many of whom under her who have worked the system before and will do lots of good.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    You are still GTG.

How is that? They said in the approval email to NOT carry until I got the permit. Am I missing something?

Guess what came in the mail today! Issued Dec 5, got it today. I sure hope they get the backlog taken care of. Seems like renewals could be done at the DMV, phone call or computer search should be easy enough to check person's criminal history...

Last edited:

Will51

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Denham Springs
    Applied for mine Friday the 9th at about 8am online. Got the email to send in fingerprints around noon, went the LSP headquarters and did the fingerprints that afternoon, while I was waiting to get my fingerprints done I got the email my app was accepted with link to pay. Got my fingerprints done, went home, followed the link to pay, got an email this morning saying my app was approved and I would see the permit in the mail in 10-15 days. Pretty fast so far.

The only worry is that my drivers license shows my old apartment number, hopefully they send it to the address I listed on my app with the correct apartment number or if they don't the post office can forward CC permits.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Update Mailed in App 3/15 App Processed 10/17 Approved 12/01 Permit in Hand 12/08

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Well......just got off the phone with them.

I mailed mine off in April. They just told me on the phone that it has been processed and I am prob. looking at another 40-60 days to get it back.

The wait time is absolutely ridiculous. I took mine the same day as my Father in law and he got his back within 2 weeks in Mississippi.

bradbrla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2016
    Gonzales
    Applied for mine Friday the 9th at about 8am online. Got the email to send in fingerprints around noon, went the LSP headquarters and did the fingerprints that afternoon, while I was waiting to get my fingerprints done I got the email my app was accepted with link to pay. Got my fingerprints done, went home, followed the link to pay, got an email this morning saying my app was approved and I would see the permit in the mail in 10-15 days. Pretty fast so far.

The only worry is that my drivers license shows my old apartment number, hopefully they send it to the address I listed on my app with the correct apartment number or if they don't the post office can forward CC permits.

I followed the same process as you. Did everything online and prints at HQ. Took 13 days beginning to end. Truthfully, only 4 working days between printing and permit in hand. Got mine this past Thursday. I don't know why ANYONE would mail it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    For reference:

12/5/16 0800 Online renewal application submitted

12/5/16 0900 Copy of training certificate and DL turned in at LSP headquarters

12/5/16 0912 Email stating application was accepted and link to pay received

12/7/16 0700 Email stating application was approved

12/13/2016 Received permit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    For reference:

12/5/16 0800 Online renewal application submitted

12/5/16 0900 Copy of training certificate and DL turned in at LSP headquarters

12/5/16 0912 Email stating application was accepted and link to pay received

12/7/16 0700 Email stating application was approved

12/13/2016 Received permit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clearly online is the way to go. I sure wish I would have done it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rb24
    Top Bottom