The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Hand-delivered mine on 1/27/14
    Received on 3/27/14

The strange thing is that they didn't use the picture that I submitted. My permit has the same picture as my driver's license. Same thing for my wife's permit.
    Got mine last week. Same thing here.

Anyone know whats up with this?

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I just called the LSP Concealed Handgun Unit regarding the driver's license picture being used on the CHP. They said that the new computer system automatically uses the D/L picture and they cannot override that.

jjb518

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Gramercy, LA
    I just called the LSP Concealed Handgun Unit regarding the driver's license picture being used on the CHP. They said that the new computer system automatically uses the D/L picture and they cannot override that.

Did you ask, "Then why did i have to waste my time and money getting a passport photo if you are not going to use it?"

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I called today and got the same story about the counters being down for 6-7 weeks and mine isn't even in the system yet. Judging by the times it looks like the computers went down in late jan / early feb. Sucks as those submitting in dec and jan are getting there's and those from feb aren't in the system. Looks like a long wait for me and the wife. Lady said that they were putting in feb apps now, so a week or two before I'm in the system. Judging by that it will be another two months from now.

Sasquatch26

Squatch
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Geismar
    Turned in app to state police beginning of January, called last Tuesday and it was just entered in Monday and Got it Saturday! Seems like once you're in the system, its a quick turn around time!

jjb518

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Gramercy, LA
    Sent in my new application on Feb 10, 2014. it went pending on Friday April 4, 2014 and I got it in the mail today.

During that time the systems were down for 6-7 weeks.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I submitted my renewal second week of January, 12 weeks before my permit expiration date...called this week and was told to expect another 3 weeks...
    My permit has expired now,....hope it comes in like they say...

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Went to post office, got money order, put it into the priority envelope with my renewal papers at the counter and handed it to the lady. Got it back the other day saying I didn't include the payment. Guess this renewal price just went up to $250 for me. At least until the other money order shows up, or after 60 days and I can get a refund.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom