The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Renewal, current permit expires 5/24/16
    4/21/16 did online application, submitted all documents electronically
    5/26/16 received email to pay the fee
    and now waiting..........
    ETA...
    6/6/16 Email stating permit was approved

6/10/16 permit arrived in the mail.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Mine was a similar very quick turnaround. It seems if there's no paper involved it goes VERY fast.

And that's understandable . A guy at work is one day ahead of me in the whole process but he did his app on paper and turned it in at LSP . He hasn't received his letter of acceptance yet .

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    4/14/16 - Online submitted
    4/14/16 - Mailed the prints
    4/16/16 - Prints delivered

I tried calling a few times throughout the day on the 26th to get an update and got the "Busy so F'U" tone. Not even mad though... should have don't this years ago.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    My daughter, degreed professional, financially secure. single, life long resident of LA, never any legal problems, as stated in an earlier post, sent her application off 12/18/2015. She received her permit in the mail on June 01, 2016. It took 5 1/2 months.

Of course, I called a Senator two weeks ago when she was told to expect her approval about August. He called to see what the holdup was. He was told she would be getting it within 10 days. She did.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Just got off the phone with the office. Gave the date of the online application and the date the prints arrived.
    She stated they are still working on the "mail" from February and haven't touched April yet. WTF...

This is nearly unacceptable imho.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Just got off the phone with the office. Gave the date of the online application and the date the prints arrived.
    She stated they are still working on the "mail" from February and haven't touched April yet. WTF...

This is nearly unacceptable imho.

Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sacosta66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Latest update on my CHP.
    Submitted online on Jan 11, 2016
    Did prints thru local Police Dept and mailed them on Jan 12th.
    Emailed HQ on March 10th requesting status update.
    Received email on March 15th stating "We are currently processing Apps submitted in early January".
    Received email on April 4th to submit payment and paid in full the same day...
    Received certified package on May 20th that my fingerprints that were submitted were not usable and to resubmit fingerprints.
    Went to HQ on May 31st (was out of town from 20th thru 30th) and electronically submitted with State Police HQ.

So yes, took over 4 months just to inform me that my prints were no good.

The wait continues.....

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Latest update on my CHP.
    Submitted online on Jan 11, 2016
    Did prints thru local Police Dept and mailed them on Jan 12th.
    Emailed HQ on March 10th requesting status update.
    Received email on March 15th stating "We are currently processing Apps submitted in early January".
    Received email on April 4th to submit payment and paid in full the same day...
    Received certified package on May 20th that my fingerprints that were submitted were not usable and to resubmit fingerprints.
    Went to HQ on May 31st (was out of town from 20th thru 30th) and electronically submitted with State Police HQ.

So yes, took over 4 months just to inform me that my prints were no good.

The wait continues.....

I think the print deal has been a problem for a long time. That's why people go to LSP Hq to get them done.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    When I got mine about 19 years ago I got a good friend to do my prints. He was working for the BR Constable so he took me to the downtown jail on a Saturday and printed me and signed my photo like a LEO used to have to do back then.

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    Update

Renewal
    Submitted electronically 4-25 and shows that it was received.
    Accepted and paid 5-25
    Approved 5-31
    Still waiting on permit.

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Received an email today that my renewal application was accepted...so one month from submittal to acceptance. Paid $128 to LSP via Visa online today. Will let you know when I receive my renewal permit in hand.

Received my "approved and mailed" notice via email on 6/1. Finally received my renewal permit in the US mail today. So...4/25 submittal, 6/28 receipt of permit...for renewal via on-line.

manguydudebro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Electronically submitted Jun 2
    Sent paper prints Jun 3

I grew impatient and drove up to do electronic prints at LSP today (Jun 29). I got my acceptance/payment email while I was still at LSP. Should be mailing it any day they said.

P89CAJUN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Lafayette
    1/10 applied online
    1/11 mailed fingerprints
    4/5 link to pay
    4/29 email saying to expect it in 10_15 days

Waited 15 days and called. Was told even though the email came on 4/29 they didn't mail it out to be printed until 5/10

Waited another month and called back. Was told it got lost in the mail. She asked if I would like her to have another printed. When I said "if that's what needs to be done" She said ok and hung up on me.

Still waiting.

Last edited:

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    We've had a little fun lately at my house. My wife and I did our applications at the same time, went to BR to do the fingerprints on their computers and submitted written paperwork on 6/3. We did everything at the same time. I actually did my fingerprints right before her. So 2 days ago on 7/11 she get's her CCP in the mail, but as of today the 13th, still haven't gotten mine in the mail. I had to ask my wife if she would protect me until mine came in...she said she would have to think about it.

Top Bottom