The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tadsstuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    That's good to know. My packet is being held for the same reason. Was told that the software update was due any day now but they didn't mention processing immediately with the full fee. That's what I submitted with my packet since I didn't know about the discount. Got to love bureaucracy and contracted out software updates. Arggggh.

BruslyTiger

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Brusly, LA
    According to my contact the military discount update has been made and they should start processing the mailed in apps. From my understanding, the online app works too .

For all of you waiting for you military discount, thank you for your service!

Last edited:

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just called and checked on mine. Mailed it in on July 22 was being held for veterans discount but is now being processed (processong vets with discount started Oct. 20th i was told) was told i should recieve it by the second week of november.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Just called and checked on mine. Mailed it in on July 22 was being held for veterans discount but is now being processed (processong vets with discount started Oct. 20th i was told) was told i should recieve it by the second week of november.

May be sooner than that. I got mine in the mail w/ military discount on the 16th. I submitted on the 5th of September.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 7/29/2014 10:16:00 PM was APPROVED. (Oct 25 08:45 AM)

Eleshufan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2014
    Erwinville Louisiana
    Here is my time-line.
    Took course on June 20, 2014.
    Online Application Registration for Concealed Handgun Permit completed & submitted on June 21, 2014.
    Went to State Police to get fingerprinted on June 23, 2014.
    Application for Concealed Handgun Permit accepted on June 24, 2014. (Paid $125 Permit Fee)
    Payment confirmation email received on June 25, 2014.
    Application for Concealed Handgun Permit approved on October 20, 2014.
    Received Permit in mail October 24, 2014 (Yesterday!!!)

Now with my particular situation they needed additional info. from me in September in order to continue the process. It was an arrest that happened in 2000 that I didn't include in the permit application. I think I would have gotten it about a month ago if it wasn't for that.

Last edited:

jailhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    sent app in online on Oct 20. Got printed at LSP HQ's on Oct 24 took a few days to make it to BR, finger prints were accepted and link to pay was sent Monday Oct 27, got my CHP Wednesday Oct 29.

Really easy and really fast.

tigerman248

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Very fast here too
    12-30 took class (Thank You BearCo)
    12-31 submitted online CHP
    1-08 LSP HQ Fingerprints completed
    1-08 CHP online payment made and accepted
    1-09 CHP APPROVED
    1-14 CHP received in the mail
    Total 16 days Start to received including holidays and weekends
    SO DAMN AWESOME

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Very fast here too
    12-30 took class (Thank You BearCo)
    12-31 submitted online CHP
    1-08 LSP HQ Fingerprints completed
    1-08 CHP online payment made and accepted
    1-09 CHP APPROVED
    1-14 CHP received in the mail
    Total 16 days Start to received including holidays and weekends
    SO DAMN AWESOME

Thats about how long mine took in 2010, next go round wasnt as pretty.... Good timing.

awco4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2015
    Slidell, LA
    Drove up to LSP Headquarters in Baton Rouge on Monday afternoon 1/12. Turned in my app and got fingerprinted in about :30. Left :10 before closing time.

Got license in mail today, 1/27.

kknobl5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    1/10/15 2 friends and I took the CCW Class
    1/13/15 I dropped off my application with state police and got fingerprinted
    1/16/15 my two buddies dropped off their application with state police and did their fingerprinting
    1/28/15 one of my buddies got his permit
    1/30/15 the other friend got his permit
    2/5/15 I called in to see where my permit was since I submitted my application several days before they did. Me and one of my friends had MIP's from years back, the other friend (who got his 1/30) had a completely clean record. Me and the first buddy (the one who received his permit 1/28) wrote the exact same letter detailing the MIP and that we had it expunged/thrown out and that there were no records of the arrest in their system. When I called in on 2/5, the clerk at the LSP CCW desk looked me up and couldn't find any records of my "arrest" (it was a only a misdemeanor ticket). She explained that the Chief of Police had to review my application and approve me for a permit because of the MIP. I asked why mine had to be reviewed more thoroughly when my friend's did not, she said she didn't know. I asked how long that typically takes. She said to call back in 60 days if I haven't heard anything new. She mentioned that there were 150 applications for the chief to review further and she couldn't tell me how close to the bottom or top of that stack I was. Today is 2/26 and still no permit or letter of denial. Still waiting.... patiently...
    I must say, as frustrated as I am, they have been nothing but polite, friendly and helpful on the phone. I can't be mad at the employees, only the system.
    Edit: 2/28/15 Received my permit in the mail

Last edited:

kknobl5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Chief of police, Sergeant, Superintendent, head honcho. I called in about a month ago and I can't remember the exact title they told me, but you get the gist of what the process is. Someone higher up has to more thoroughly review my application and sign off on it instead of the usual desk clerk. If you know the proper title for whom I am speaking of, please feel free to correct me. I'm just trying to inform others who are curious as to the process and how long it has taken me to receive my permit.

MIP's are pretty common around LSU and I'm sure some people are curious how an MIP affects the process or if it's worth the risk of not listing it on the application. I could have gotten away with not listing it because they don't have any records of my MIP (the super friendly lady at the LSP CHP desk looked it up), but I didn't want to lie so I put it on the application.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You received your permit in the mail 46 days after applying knowing you had an issue to be resolved and you still whined? Get over it! A couple years ago you would have been lucky to get your permit in 92 days with no issues to be resolved.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    According to my contact the military discount update has been made and they should start processing the mailed in apps. From my understanding, the online app works too .

For all of you waiting for you military discount, thank you for your service!

What is the discount?

Top Bottom