Home Defense Foundation of New Orleans
Jim's Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 20 no smoking

Knuckle Buster

Premium Member

Day 20 no smoking

Going strong. I get on here when I feel gittery if anyone notice I've been more active lately. lol. Just realized been 20 days and thought wow... I haven't even killed anyone and it's starting to get alittle easier doing things.

In Vino Veritas

Premium Member
    CONGRATS!!!

I give the hi-5 because I too have quit, albeit dipping...... same same, just different boss! I have been tobacco free since Feb 14th this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guate_shooter View Post
    "Hoy por ti, mañana por mi" (today for you, tomorrow for me)
    "Sua Sponte"

"Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks."
    - Col. William O. Darby

congratulations! that is awesome. I quit 7 years ago. it was one of the hardest things i ever did. i found that citrus and citrus candy helped. i also bought a variety of different nuts in shells to keep my hands busy when i was watchiung tv at night. Also, discovered the "dessert steak" at this time. LOL

LA CHP Instructor # 522 Guate_shooter's Avatar
    Congrats nothing I hate more than a person next to me either smoking or talking to me with Tobacco breath. Same thing for females, I dont date smokers
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me." KAIBIL

"Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus"

RAW Combat International Certified Instructor
    RangeMaster Academy Certified Firearms Instructor
    Owner/Operator of Estrada Tactical Firearms Training
    Owner of Thermal Cure Coatings (KG & Cerakote)

Knuckle Buster

Premium Member
    Yeah I've been hungry all the time but I have to just ignor it. I can't afford to gain weight as Aug is just around the corner and going to WOCS. Wife been real understanding about me being kinda distant too.. I swear the other day the pug was eating to loud and it made me so mad.. Really had to think abut that and tell myself how stupid I was acting.

Banned
    Congratulations! That is very awesome. You too Boose!

® ™

Gold Member
    I just realized come June 12th this year I will have quit smoking for 4 years!!! Holy crap it doesn't feel like that long.

~Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man
    and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,
    never really care for anything else thereafter~ Ernest Hemingway

In Vino Veritas

Premium Member
    Gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum and some jolly ranchers!!
    "Sua Sponte"

- Col. William O. Darby

In Vino Veritas

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I just realized come June 12th this year I will have quit smoking for 4 years!!! Holy crap it doesn't feel like that long.
    Congrats to you as well Dustin!!!

Jason
    "Sua Sponte"

- Col. William O. Darby

Knuckle Buster

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booseman View Post
    Gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum and some jolly ranchers!!
    I've tried every kind of gun.. Liking new 5 the best lolI could not quit cold turkey. Had to see a doctor and get some help. I got on Chantix . Anyone interested don't get scared off by side affects. smoking side afects are worse and it helped me take edge off.. I only took it 3 weeks then got off as I didn't notice it doning anything anymore. first week while still smoking.. Noticed cig tasting like crap and smoked less and less and set my date to not buy more. Was still hard but it gave me a edge for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Kramer View Post
    I've tried every kind of gun.. Liking new 5 the best lolI could not quit cold turkey. Had to see a doctor and get some help. I got on Chantix . Anyone interested don't get scared off by side affects. smoking side afects are worse and it helped me take edge off.. I only took it 3 weeks then got off as I didn't notice it doning anything anymore. first week while still smoking.. Noticed cig tasting like crap and smoked less and less and set my date to not buy more. Was still hard but it gave me a edge for sure.
    But... Have you tried gum?

The Ultimate Consumer

Gold Member
    I quit cold turkey in 1981. Was up to two packs of Marlboro Reds a day.

Stay with it!

My strategy was to make myself feel nauseated EVERYTIME I felt like smoking.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    "Beware; the lame duck pretender!"

Mary Landrieu: Her Louisiana constituents said "No!" The party line she did tow! This ideological zombie's got to go!

Coon-by-Ya

Premium Member
    I am on day 7970 after going cold turkey. By day fourteen, I knew I had kicked it forever. Congratulations and stay strong.

I didn't fall off of the turnip truck.....I jumped!!!

Grow food instead of lawns.

® ™

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Got'him! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I quit cold turkey in 1981.
    The year I was born

~Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man
    and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,
    never really care for anything else thereafter~ Ernest Hemingway

The Ultimate Consumer

Gold Member
    The year I was born
    Ah yes! Youth! A beautiful, wonderful thing!

Listen to some old bastards closely! It is true, we all say; "Man, if I knew then what I know now......."

Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    "Beware; the lame duck pretender!"

Mary Landrieu: Her Louisiana constituents said "No!" The party line she did tow! This ideological zombie's got to go!

Marksman
    i dipped skoal for 21 years,i quit cold turkey,in the desert no less,7 years now.i carried an empty can around with me for a while

Quit a 3 pack/day Marlboro addiction in 1975 when I became a civilian and smokes went from $.26 to $.52 per pack. I went cold turkey and I hated everything for a while - even got mad at the SOB looking back at me in the mirror as I tried to shave each morning. Gained a lot of weight but all else is positive.
    same basic experience with alcohol in 1985 but lost a little weight then. Now all I got is guns for a bad habit.
    Keep up the good work, Amigo.
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe."
    "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword [weapon], sell your cloak and buy one."

Knuckle Buster

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Yep every gum! I was talking with friend about nice colt mark III while typing... I liked his pistol he stole for 300.

Banned
    The year I was born
    i wasn't born til two years later!

Marksman
    I quit April 2nd cold turkey. Started working out and eating better. The working out i has helped kick the urge. Best I have felt in 20 years.