Day 20 no smoking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Going strong. I get on here when I feel gittery if anyone notice I've been more active lately. lol. Just realized been 20 days and thought wow... I haven't even killed anyone and it's starting to get alittle easier doing things.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    CONGRATS!!! :hi5:

I give the hi-5 because I too have quit, albeit dipping...... same same, just different boss! I have been tobacco free since Feb 14th this year.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    congratulations! that is awesome. I quit 7 years ago. it was one of the hardest things i ever did. i found that citrus and citrus candy helped. i also bought a variety of different nuts in shells to keep my hands busy when i was watchiung tv at night. Also, discovered the "dessert steak" at this time. LOL

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Yeah I've been hungry all the time but I have to just ignor it. I can't afford to gain weight as Aug is just around the corner and going to WOCS. Wife been real understanding about me being kinda distant too.. I swear the other day the pug was eating to loud and it made me so mad.. Really had to think abut that and tell myself how stupid I was acting.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum and some jolly ranchers!!

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum, gum and some jolly ranchers!!
    I've tried every kind of gun.. Liking new 5 the best lolI could not quit cold turkey. Had to see a doctor and get some help. I got on Chantix . Anyone interested don't get scared off by side affects. smoking side afects are worse and it helped me take edge off.. I only took it 3 weeks then got off as I didn't notice it doning anything anymore. first week while still smoking.. Noticed cig tasting like crap and smoked less and less and set my date to not buy more. Was still hard but it gave me a edge for sure.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I've tried every kind of gun.. Liking new 5 the best lolI could not quit cold turkey. Had to see a doctor and get some help. I got on Chantix . Anyone interested don't get scared off by side affects. smoking side afects are worse and it helped me take edge off.. I only took it 3 weeks then got off as I didn't notice it doning anything anymore. first week while still smoking.. Noticed cig tasting like crap and smoked less and less and set my date to not buy more. Was still hard but it gave me a edge for sure.

But... Have you tried gum?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I quit cold turkey in 1981. Was up to two packs of Marlboro Reds a day.

Stay with it!

My strategy was to make myself feel nauseated EVERYTIME I felt like smoking.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    I am on day 7970 after going cold turkey. By day fourteen, I knew I had kicked it forever. Congratulations and stay strong.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Quit a 3 pack/day Marlboro addiction in 1975 when I became a civilian and smokes went from $.26 to $.52 per pack. I went cold turkey and I hated everything for a while - even got mad at the SOB looking back at me in the mirror as I tried to shave each morning. Gained a lot of weight but all else is positive.
    same basic experience with alcohol in 1985 but lost a little weight then. Now all I got is guns for a bad habit.
    Keep up the good work, Amigo.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I quit April 2nd cold turkey. Started working out and eating better. The working out i has helped kick the urge. Best I have felt in 20 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom