Shooting in LaPlace Plant Parking lot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    http://www.wafb.com/story/19292402/4-wounded-in-shooting-near-laplace

There are reports four people, including two law enforcement officers, were wounded in a shooting in St. John the Baptist Parish early Thursday morning.

Valero parking lot.

Happened outside and spilled into. Talk is 3 gunmen got out of vehicle shot at officers directing traffic and fled into parking lot.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Terrible. Prayers that everyone's family/friends are safe, guys....:(

Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    2 St. John Deputies Killed, 2 Wounded

Happened about 2-3 hours ago, two wounded deputies are in surgery. Happened apparently in or near the Valero remote parking lot on Bayou Steel Road, sheriff is holding a press conference at 9AM. Prayers for the fallen and wounded officers.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Happened about 2-3 hours ago, two wounded deputies are in surgery. Happened apparently in or near the Valero remote parking lot on Bayou Steel Road, sheriff is holding a press conference at 9AM. Prayers for the fallen and wounded officers.
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Two...-two-civilians-shot-in-St-John-166383546.html
    LAPLACE, La. - Around 5 a.m. Thursday, two St. John deputies were killed and two deputies were shot in LaPlace. The two deputies shot are in surgery.

The incident occurred near Bayou Steel on Highway 3217 in a Valero plant parking lot. The highway is closed at this time.

The remote parking lot is located in St. John Parish, while the actual plant is located in St. Charles Parish.

Multiple agencies are involved, including a Jefferson Parish SWAT unit, a K-9 unit, St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, St. John Parish Sheriff's Office, New Orleans Police Department and the state police. Also, helicopters are circling the area.

One deputy was sent to the hospital via helicopter.

It appears that workers are being evacuated from the plant.

A deputy car was seen riddled with bullets.

Traffic in the area is very slow and I-10 is suggested as an alternate route.

Emily C. Watkins Elementary located on River Road is closed for teachers and students.

ArcelorMittal Laplace is under lock down. Employees should call 888-880-3677 for more information.

RIP, and hoping for a fast and full recovery for the other two!

What is up with this crap? Is media just hyper-sensitive to this kind of thing right now after Aurora, or is there a massive spike in it? Is this a current active-shooter scenario? WTF with people!?

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    This is right near my subdivision, they haven't alerted us, but they are supposedly looking for someone. My daughter is a nurse at the hospital where the 2 dead officers and the wounded officer was sent, the other was airlifted to Memorial. I of the alleged suspects is in custody.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Multiple suspects? One in custody.

I feel for the families of the officers and can only wish them the best of things to come.

Makes me worry about the 100' I walk out of the gate at my plant to my car where my gun is required to remain while I am at work. We've had 2 rounds of lay-offs in the past couple months, with possibly more on the way.

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    NOTE: This is only hear say.
    Again only hear say and may not be accurate. Just wanted any in the area to be alert that there may be more than one shooter.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom