just a few questions for stuff in the house

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goatman

Gone hunting or fishing!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2012
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    Well I thought on having a bazooka (of course inactive to where it cant be used) to place over my mantle. Just for conversation piece when my daugthers get old enough to date.

Also is there a suppressor I can get that will work on more then one gun? or type of caliber? I need to quiet my gun done while hog hunting.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    First off, an inert RPG does not require a CIII stamp or even a NICS for that matter. You can usually find them at a surplus store for less that $100.

As for the suppressor, they are not 'gun specific'. The suppressor is caliber specific but you can usually use the can on a smaller caliber without a problem. Ask the dealer or manufacturer if your .308 suppressor is rated for .223. It most always will work with lesser calibers. The only case I can think of where it may not work out that way would be a precision rifle suppressor being used on a smaller caliber machine gun. This is just an example of what may not work. That would all depend on the suppressor itself and what the manufacturer says the can is rated for.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Main thing is there is a big difference between a centerfire suppressor and a rimfire model. The rimfire models are user servicable due to the high lead debris that "splashes" out of the barrel and into the baffle area. High pressure, non-servicable suppressors can have an increased chance of a catastrophic failure if used on a rimfire and switched back to a centerfire firearm. You would then, at the least, be very sad, out a couple hundred bucks (minimum), and have to wait another 6 months for a new one.

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Silencerco website says "you can shoot a 9mm or .40 S&W through a 45Osprey or a 9mm through a 40Osprey".

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    The liberty mystic is the most versatile can on the market as far as being rated for the most calibers. They just rated it for 7.62 x 39. Here's a link. What are you planning on suppressing?

http://libertycans.net/mystic.html

I have an infiniti which is the all titanium version of the mystic and it is a great can.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    .........Just for conversation piece when my daugthers get old enough to date.

and on that note, thought you might like this:
    f6h7vpcumged2idqceqg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom