New Buffer Zone 200 Yard Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    My father in law does dozer work and other dirt work. Well he just bid and got a job in the Buffer Zone. The job will be a 200 yard firing range. The guy building it also does classes and such. My F-I-L got me his business card.

I dont know any dates on when it will break ground or when it will be finished however, just thought I would let yall know its in the pipeline.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    finally! ...****. i cant wait! :bravo:

where in relation to the old BZ is it because the actual buffer zone is fairly large.

I'll try to find out tomorrow and let you know. My father in law does not know where the original one is so I will just have to ask him where this one is.

They went and did soil samples last week to determine if the dirt on site will be able to be used or if they will have to haul in other dirt.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    YES.gif

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I was just told today that it will be closer to Picayune, Ms. than the last one. Most of the Flat Top Rd. and Texas Flat Rd. in the Picayune area are still considered the Buffer Zone. I have an email in to the guy who is actually going to be doing this. When/if I get an email back I will let everyone know more details.

Hopefully, this thing will really come to light. It would be nice for there to be a 200 yard range nearby.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Ok, the guy building it emailed me back with some details.

It wont be a large range but it may fit some people's needs. Here is what he said.

Hey Mr Wheeler

so sorry about the abrupt e-mail return this morning, but i just was busy working so i just wanted to get you some information quickly so you know that yes it is coming, it won't be very big but it will be there, not getting a loan to build it so im coming out of my pocket for all this building with that said.

should be opening either in march, or july depending on my ability to get the funding together. right now it is planed to be 15 yards wide 200 yards long primarily used for classes i will be conducting but i can do a face to face when i get home with you and your folks to discuss use. wanted to build it bigger but the folks in hancock county want me to get a special permit with a hearing and that would tie me up for months, this way i will be able to train folks, and work out some rough spots on my facilities.

thanks for your interest and hope to meet you when i get home

Mike

Top Bottom