Spreading the Love of Jesus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    ok

Would you mind granting my previous request in post #39?

You can find any information you want to find on the internet with sources and everything else you would ever need. Im not going to spoon feed you or force education on somebody who chooses to be ignorant about a subject. That's your right.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    True Christians? There are many denominations of Christianity. It is not for you to decide if people of another denomination are not "true Christians."

That is all you had to say.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from you.
    Where did I mention any denomination or anything about denominations in my reply?

I was speaking of individuals. Each individual is responsible for their own actions. Their actions show whether they are Christ like, Christian, or not.
    Anyone can call themselves a Christian. Anyone can attend any church they want. That doesn't make them a Christian.
    Celebrated Christmas by drinking, sexual indulgence, rape, and singing naked in the streets is not the behavior of a Christian.
    If you think that is acceptable behavior for a Christian to participate in, then it's your right to be wrong.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    You can find any information you want to find on the internet with sources and everything else you would ever need. Im not going to spoon feed you or force education on somebody who chooses to be ignorant about a subject. That's your right.

ok, I mean you made the claim: direct picture and representation of pagan gods, worship of those gods, and sacrifices (sometimes human) to those gods, and I simple asked you for the details. I don't see how that rises to spoon feeding me or forcing education on me.

You seem a bit touchy on this topic for some reason though. I'm simply asking questions and for details and you've chosen to imply that I'm the same as the typical voter and that I'm choosing to be ignorant....hey, but you did say it's all in fun and no hard feelings on your part so I got that going for me i guess.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from you.

I expect you to follow the rules. You've directly insulted me... :fawk:

Any direct or indirect acts of disrespect towards owners, admins, moderators, or any other members will not be tolerated. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, age, race, sex, religion or political affiliations. Violations of these tenets will be handled as we see fit.

If you think that is acceptable behavior for a Christian to participate in, then it's your right to be wrong.

You don't drink? Good for you. Jesus turned water into wine for a wedding celebration. I suppose drinking at a celebration IS Christ-like.

Rape and singing naked in the street is illegal regardless of being Christ-like or not, so that is a moot point.

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    ok, I mean you made the claim: direct picture and representation of pagan gods, worship of those gods, and sacrifices (sometimes human) to those gods, and I simple asked you for the details. I don't see how that rises to spoon feeding me or forcing education on me.

You seem a bit touchy on this topic for some reason though. I'm simply asking questions and for details and you've chosen to imply that I'm the same as the typical voter and that I'm choosing to be ignorant....hey, but you did say it's all in fun and no hard feelings on your part so I got that going for me i guess.

Go to www.google.com. There you will find a search bar. Please enter "Origin of Christmas" "Origin of Santa Clause" "Origin of Christmas Trees" "Origin of Yule Logs" "Origin of 12 days of Christmas" The possibilities and rabbit trails go on and on. You want me to just pick one to highlight for you or something?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Go to www.google.com. There you will find a search bar. Please enter "Origin of Christmas" "Origin of Santa Clause" "Origin of Christmas Trees" "Origin of Yule Logs" "Origin of 12 days of Christmas" The possibilities and rabbit trails go on and on. You want me to just pick one to highlight for you or something?

I was hoping to avoid any ol' website from some guy who has chosen to cite half-truths etc....hence me asking you for the details since you seem to be tiptop on this topic. If you don't have a source, no problem, I'll get around to it eventually.

Why the condescending and sarcastic tone? This is all in good fun with no hard feelings, right?

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I was hoping to avoid any ol' website from some guy who has chosen to cite half-truths etc....hence me asking you for the details since you seem to be tiptop on this topic.

Why the condescending and sarcastic tone? This is all in good fun with no hard feelings, right?

Im not being condescending, Im just not going to take the time to try to teach somebody something that doesn't have the willingness to learn it on their own in the first place. If just shows that you don't really care about learning it and that is 100% ok. Im not mad about that, its your choice. I can post 100 links and if you disagree with any sources we are back to square one, that's why Im inviting you to go and look at your own sources and information and make the decision for yourself. I planted a seed, you have to grow it or kill it, you have to water it yourself.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land

I was hoping to avoid any ol' website from some guy who has chosen to cite half-truths etc....hence me asking you for the details since you seem to be tiptop on this topic. If you don't have a source, no problem, I'll get around to it eventually.

Im not being condescending, Im just not going to take the time to try to teach somebody something that doesn't have the willingness to learn it on their own in the first place. If just shows that you don't really care about learning it and that is 100% ok. Im not mad about that, its your choice. I can post 100 links and if you disagree with any sources we are back to square one, that's why Im inviting you to go and look at your own sources and information and make the decision for yourself. I planted a seed, you have to grow it or kill it, you have to water it yourself.

Alright you 2 need to meet up, smoke a doobie, and have this theological discussion the appropriate way...

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Im not being condescending,

So spelling out google.com and explaining that there is a search bar there is not condescending? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Im just not going to take the time to try to teach somebody something that doesn't have the willingness to learn it on their own in the first place. If just shows that you don't really care about learning it and that is 100% ok. Im not mad about that, its your choice.

So me asking you for a source to your own claim wasn't proof enough that I wanted to learn more about it? That was exactly my intent! Which you've now stifled due to your own cynicism.

I can post 100 links and if you disagree with any sources we are back to square one, that's why Im inviting you to go and look at your own sources and information and make the decision for yourself. I planted a seed, you have to grow it or kill it, you have to water it yourself.

good grief man....you made a claim, typically when someone politely asks you for some more detail on it, you provide it....that's how a discussion happens, that's how learning happens. I do plan on looking into things myself on this matter, but it's safe to say you've been of absolutely no help in this regard.

Have a merry winter solstice/Christmas/Holiday/sacrifice humans/etc

Top Bottom