STOLEN TODAY 12-27-2016: SWD M-11/9 s/n:85-0000358

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    That makes 2 members on this site that was robbed at gunpoint trying to sell a gun this year. I would venture into saying they were probably listing their guns on the high end, and probably got "bites" on LA sportsman or armslist, where shady people may be willing to pay more since they cannot pass a background check, or even stage a robbery like so....

Yeah I don't post on LA sportsman or armslist for this very reason!

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    The man has a point, This is the line between being a responsible/irresponsible gun owner...

I'm glad someone gets it:)

I'm just stating facts man.Sometimes the truth hurts.But I would rather someone nawwing on
    me and telling me the truth and being open minded and honest with me,than someone lying to
    me and saying poor baby,,it so sad .bla ,bla,bla..At least then I know they actually GAS about
    me.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    yall do realize there are people out there that can own a firearm legally,but in
    real life,probably shouldn't!!!Just sayin.

I have had deals where I was very skeptical about the person.
    But 9/10 times,they were actually the better ones.

Always expect the unexpected,cause 99% of the time,that's what you'll get.

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Going to have to throw the old BS flag on the OP
    To many holes in his yarn and no follow up!

Not again!!! I was waiting on someone... I tend to think this is legit. He didn't even really give enough details to be able to tell.

Also, he's been posting a lot of for sale adds. I don't know if any were on sportsman, I haven't been watching that one, nor on FB.

Last edited:

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I'd like to hear exactly how the robbery occurred. That's a long drive from Houma to Lafayette, talk about adding insult to injury.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I'd like to hear exactly how the robbery occurred. That's a long drive from Houma to Lafayette, talk about adding insult to injury.

Red flag #1. If you aren't willing to drive half way or all the way to meet a buyer, something is up. I have traveled 2 hours to meet a seller.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Going to have to throw the old BS flag on the OP
    To many holes in his yarn and no follow up!

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?84340-quot-Ultra-rare-mac-quot-How-rare-is-it-really

These guys weren't buying it either... I found this by googling the OP's phone number. You'll also find a few adds in LA sportsman.

There are several other for sale posts linked to this number. I'm thinking this is real, and that the OP just wasn't paying attention to the warning signs, and put himself in a bad situation here. I hope he learned that sometimes it's ok to profile and discriminate to keep yourself and your possessions safe.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?84340-quot-Ultra-rare-mac-quot-How-rare-is-it-really

These guys weren't buying it either... I found this by googling the OP's phone number. You'll also find a few adds in LA sportsman.

There are several other for sale posts linked to this number. I'm thinking this is real, and that the OP just wasn't paying attention to the warning signs, and put himself in a bad situation here. I hope he learned that sometimes it's ok to profile and discriminate to keep yourself and your possessions safe.
    Those comments on Uzitalk thow.. lol.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't know what exactly to say that the OP isn't now keenly aware of.

I do not sell to people I do not know, generally speaking.

If I do sell to you I know someone who knows you and I'm an acquaintance of yours.

I much prefer to sell to someone who has no issue with a transfer so I don't get ambushed - just go dealer to dealer.

Or if I do sell face to face we are going somewhere Im comfortable and have backup.

Even all of this short of going FFL to FFL is not a guarantee.

We've all taken what in retrospect has been a risk and we still take them.

So instead of kicking the OP I ask that you be more careful - you can obtain name, address and phone number of the purchaser and even D/L info prior to the sale. Send messages confirming time and date of transfer and send message of location to others such that if this happens at least they nail his felonious ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'm sorry to hear the OP got mugged.

I know over the years I have taken too many risk with Craigslist and Sportsman exchanges, but typically any time I make an deal:
    I have already emailed, then texted and/or talked on the phone with them, before I agree to anything.
    I normally meet people at a neutral location in public. (I like big parking lots but never WalMart)
    I arrive early and begin to observe my surroundings (don't just sit and text or surf Bayou Shooter while you wait)

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I arrive early and begin to observe my surroundings (don't just sit and text or surf Bayou Shooter while you wait)

I usually arrive 15 minutes prior and like to pick the spot for the transaction. A couple times the other party is there before me, and I pretty much know it will be a smooth deal. I'm lucky to have had all of my transactions go very smoothly, but I can't help to think part of that is prudent planning on my part.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    He doesn't. hoghunter is just a retarded troll. Who apparently is reading a completely different post then the OP.

First off,we don't use that word on this forum.Some of us actually have kids and know people
    with conditions.Secondly ,get ova yourself.You need to re read or go back to your last grade,
    6th and learn how.

The op clearly stated: The perp was a late teen black male.He never ask for DL or any ID.How does he know the guy was late teens.He could have been 14 as far as we know,no proof of
    age.I'm no racist,I work with black people daily.But when it comes to age,a lot of them do
    look older than what they actually are.<Maybe its just me,IDK.

My main question was,why would op hand any kid ..14-19,doesn't matter to me,their a kid in
    my eyes.I would have at least waited for the farther to show or left.But first off,I would never
    be going to a place the buyer picked.I almost always pick the place,but Im usually the seller.
    When I do buy ,I try to pick a place I know.I personally wouldn't even be in laffy after dark
    from what Ive seen when I was there.

And the guy saying about showing up early and checking it out was good advice as well as
    meeting in a public place.

I'm thinking the op is young as well and just not as knowledgeable towards firearm transactions..

Last edited:

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    Don't know what exactly to say that the OP isn't now keenly aware of.

I do not sell to people I do not know, generally speaking.

If I do sell to you I know someone who knows you and I'm an acquaintance of yours.

I much prefer to sell to someone who has no issue with a transfer so I don't get ambushed - just go dealer to dealer.

Or if I do sell face to face we are going somewhere Im comfortable and have backup.

Even all of this short of going FFL to FFL is not a guarantee.

We've all taken what in retrospect has been a risk and we still take them.

So instead of kicking the OP I ask that you be more careful - you can obtain name, address and phone number of the purchaser and even D/L info prior to the sale. Send messages confirming time and date of transfer and send message of location to others such that if this happens at least they nail his felonious ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you wouldn't be making any deals with me or anyone that I know.Those points are redundant.
    Are you democrat by chance :? lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SleepingGreyCat
    Top Bottom