Warfighter Concepts SEPT 26-28

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I can honestly say I've never noticed it. I guess it's always gonna be "in the way" of something, and I like having the front end unobstructed so it's not in the way when I'm establishing/moving my grip, operating the light, etc. it's definitely a personal preference thing though I've seen very valid arguments from guys on every sling setup imaginable.

I use to have mine as far forward as yours. During Warfighter I was having issues with not having enough slack for a smooth weak side transition. I looked like a monkey fighting to escape a snare! I had the Vtac sling fully extended. Nate finally got tired of me fumbling around on my individual time drills that he had me move it back. I am liking it better and now I just look like a monkey trying to run a gun! :D Every shooter has to find out what works for them. What better place to learn than at these classes!?

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    hell nice class i just wished i could still move around that good. about all i can manange now days is just to, well not much.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    When you say back, do you mean back towards you, or away from you?

I ask b/c from the pic I saw of Curts rifle it was back(as in towards him, close to the receiver)

Yeah, I had it near the muzzle. Towards the end of the course I had moved it back towards the receiver.

Here is what it looked like BEFORE I moved it back towards the reciever.

xgxex9be31ly6awgb56k.jpg

57lb92ow9lscb35c5xxa.jpg

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but would any of the VATA classes count as a pre-req for this class?

I am 99.9% sure that Advantage Group would accept VATA as a pre-req for the Warfighter class. To take the Viking Street Fighter, only the Warfighter would be accepted. PM Vanilla Gorilla. Hes the guy who can verify 100% for you.

Any of the local course from Advantage Group, Bearco, or Phobos could work.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well like Speed said, (it's always gonna be "in the way" of something).

I see some guys with the Single Point attached to the butt-stock,
    but man, I hated that concept. Tried it, hated it. It seem to sling around( :p ) everywhere.
    Didn't feel very safe.

I've only ever run a gun with the front mount attached near the fixed Front Sight Post. On it actually.

So I'll definitely be doing some tuning when it comes to the attachment location
    on this new DD I got. It's also the first modular forearm carbine I've owned.

Thanks for the Perspective!

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I am currently playing with the idea of removing the rear QD and just attaching it to the rear stock so it hangs better when going hands free. Gonna run it like that at the next class and see.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Tried to log into the Warfighter website and my username doesnt exist anymore. Ive emailed James to see whats going on. This course is still happening right? Anyone hear anything different?

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Just got a reply from James, he said everything is still on. He is contacting his web master, and will let me know. My buddy had his profile deleted as well.

Top Bottom